• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for Hulk Fans ONLY!

33 posts in this topic

My hands down favorite Hulk is Herb Trimpe inked by John Severin!

HULK146.jpg

Followed by Marie Severin!

IncredibleHulk106p01LR.jpg

And then Sal Buscema inked by Ernie Chan.

IncredibleHulk210p01LR.jpg

My favorite story: Hulk 153 -- the Hulk on Trial! Great action and introduced an impressionable young lad to the Marvel Universe. This issue guest starred the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Avengers (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc.).

Best issue ever!

Stephen

I love ditko and the hulk,lets call it hulk#6 the first meeting.I own 3 copies myself! Steve ditko to me is just the best,kirby is a very close second.I should say very very close.I hope this helped in your question. best regards KAPOWCAT1
:gossip:hoarder

Who is your favorite Hulk artist and Why? I always liked Gil Kane's Hulk in tales to Astonish.

Do you have a favorite Hulk plotline? Where you happy with the way it turned out?

The Hulk storyline from Astonish #63 thru #74 was great; the Leader, his Humanoids, Banner fatally shot, with the leader saving his life, and sending him to the Watchers home on the Moon to retrieve the Ultimate Machine, all ending with the Leader's death. Jack Kirby layouts and creative plotting at its best.

Did you have a favorite Hulk cover/issue or piece of Hulk OA? (Please showcase it here). Favorite cover is TTA #91, the Hulk going to-to-toe with the Abomination in all its Gil Kane goodness.

Who is your favorite Hulk artist and Why? I always liked Gil Kane's Hulk in tales to Astonish.

Do you have a favorite Hulk plotline? Where you happy with the way it turned out?

The Hulk storyline from Astonish #63 thru #74 was great; the Leader, his Humanoids, Banner fatally shot, with the leader saving his life, and sending him to the Watchers home on the Moon to retrieve the Ultimate Machine, all ending with the Leader's death. Jack Kirby layouts and creative plotting at its best.

Did you have a favorite Hulk cover/issue or piece of Hulk OA? (Please showcase it here). Favorite cover is TTA #91, the Hulk going to-to-toe with the Abomination in all its Gil Kane goodness.

I love this cover too :cloud9:scan0048.jpg

Favorite artist: I really don't have a favorite Hulk artist. I think there have been a lot of great ones over the years.

Favorite plotline: A lot of them, actually. I love the Hulk vs. FF/Avengers storyline from the SA. Peter David's run is legendary, of course. I thought that John Byrne and Todd McFarlane did a great job. I'm a fan of just about any Hulk/Thing fight (except for "Hard Knocks" - that should have been done in two issues, or as an annual). Iron Man #132 is a great cover and a great story about Iron Man knocking the Hulk out.

There's also a Daredevil issue that's very touching (can't remember what issue # - the cover has Daredevil backed into a corner, and I think the tagline is "Alone against the Hulk!"). I recently bought the hard cover TPB of Planet Hulk (thanks to a Borders coupon and some gift cards), and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

**Edited to add: There are also some good "What If?" Hulk issues. The first one that comes to mind is, "What if the Hulk went beserk?" (which is kind of an odd question, because that's kind of his MO, right? But it was a good story. Surprising, too, in some ways - he breaks Ben Grimm's neck.)

Favorite Hulk OA: I have two sketches from Simon Williams, who works for Marvel UK. One is Hulk by himself and one is my favorite hero/hero match-up, Hulk vs. Thing.

hulksketchuv9.jpg

thinghulksketchqv1.jpg

Favorite artist: I really don't have a favorite Hulk artist. I think there have been a lot of great ones over the years.

Favorite plotline: A lot of them, actually. I love the Hulk vs. FF/Avengers storyline from the SA. Peter David's run is legendary, of course. I thought that John Byrne and Todd McFarlane did a great job. I'm a fan of just about any Hulk/Thing fight (except for "Hard Knocks" - that should have been done in two issues, or as an annual). Iron Man #132 is a great cover and a great story about Iron Man knocking the Hulk out.

There's also a Daredevil issue that's very touching (can't remember what issue # - the cover has Daredevil backed into a corner, and I think the tagline is "Alone against the Hulk!"). I recently bought the hard cover TPB of Planet Hulk (thanks to a Borders coupon and some gift cards), and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

**Edited to add: There are also some good "What If?" Hulk issues. The first one that comes to mind is, "What if the Hulk went beserk?" (which is kind of an odd question, because that's kind of his MO, right? But it was a good story. Surprising, too, in some ways - he breaks Ben Grimm's neck.)

Favorite Hulk OA: I have two sketches from Simon Williams, who works for Marvel UK. One is Hulk by himself and one is my favorite hero/hero match-up, Hulk vs. Thing.

hulksketchuv9.jpg

thinghulksketchqv1.jpg

awesome sketches!