• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for Hulk Fans ONLY!

33 posts in this topic

The Hulk is my favorite character of all time. So, I have to ask some of you avid Hulksters out there. These questions do not have to relate to the Hulk titles, but something with the Hulk in it will do.

• Who is your favorite Hulk artist and Why?
  • Do you have a favorite Hulk plotline? Where you happy with the way it turned out?
  • Did you have a favorite Hulk cover/issue or piece of Hulk OA? (Please showcase it here).

-Issa

Always loved the Kirby version of the Jolly Green Giant, but loved Steranko's take as well and thought Barry Smith beautifully rendered Hulk in Avengers 100.

Fave storyline culminated in TTA77, in which the Hulk's secret identity was revealed to the world by Rick Jones. This was a shocking and unprecedented move for a major Superhero at the time. Origin story is classic too, of course. Of more recent vintage, I'm a big Peter David fan, and think he did great work finding new ways to make the book interesting.

Fave covers more often sport the Hulk in guest appearances: JIM 112 and FF 12 immediately come to mind as faves. The Hulk's brutal and awesome power is shown terrifically in the Steranko cover to Annual 1.

JIM112.jpg

favorite artist by far HERB TRIMPE

Favorite storylines would be all his appearance in Defenders 1 to 50.

favorite issue Incredible Hulk II#182 (December, 1974) first appearance of "CRACKAJACK" JACKSON.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cracjack.htm

I loved this story of Hulk meeting the hobo CRACKAJACK.thier is a funny scene when they both eat beans together.

I onced emailed Len Wein how he came up with story and character"CRACKAJACK" JACKSON . he never responded.probally didn`t want to respond because "CRACKAJACK" JACKSON might be considered Politically Incorrect nowdays especially with Obama running for our President.

I'll go with Sal Buscema as my favorite artist mostly because he was drawing him when I first started buying the Hulk and I also loved how he would draw spit stetching from the hulk lips. whaat.gif

I have two favorite issues:

Hulk 222 "The Cavern of Bones" / Jim Starlin- which isn't very original plot wise but still a very enjoyable read.

and Hulk Annual 7 /John Byrne- which is a very underated issue co-starring the Angle and Iceman.

The Hulk is my favorite character of all time. So, I have to ask some of you avid Hulksters out there. These questions do not have to relate to the Hulk titles, but something with the Hulk in it will do.

• Who is your favorite Hulk artist and Why?
  • Do you have a favorite Hulk plotline? Where you happy with the way it turned out?
  • Did you have a favorite Hulk cover/issue or piece of Hulk OA? (Please showcase it here).

1) Favorite Hulk Artist is Sal Buscema, his "Hulk" face is fantastic and I think he drew Hulk in a "brutish" way without going overboard. Hulk shouldn't look like a green Hercules but he also shouldn't look like a golum or something.

2)I loved the Peter David Hulk run, in fact I believe those issues are probably the best Marvel books that came out of that hellhole we call "the 90's" :P

Hulk - The End is fantastic as well, the Hulk that just can't die and is the last human being around.

And like some people have said, the sub-atomic world arc is great as well.

3) My favorite cover is the one with the Soviet Super, Hulk 258 drawn by Frank Miller, probably because is was the only Hulk book I ever bought as a kid and which I must have re-read 20 times.

Incredible%20Hulk%20258.jpg

Some of the first OA pages I bought were Sal Hulks :cloud9:

th_hulk236.jpgth_PICT1087.jpg

Im not a huge hulk fan. But have been an avid reader of the modern book.

I will read any storyline with Abomination. My favorite Hulk rogue.

My favorite artists ? I really dont know.

I was just showing this to Green , and figured I would share it here. Prototype, submitted late to Marvel. It is on the Marvel poster board. Signed by the artist Daryn Auck, current teacher at the Kubert School.

A074.jpg

Wow. I'm very happy with some of these responses! If I wanted to pickup some of these stories for reading, how would you recommend I do it? Pick up the Hulk Issues DVD? Essentials TPB? Marvel Masterworks? hm

Wow. I'm very happy with some of these responses! If I wanted to pickup some of these stories for reading, how would you recommend I do it? Pick up the Hulk Issues DVD? Essentials TPB? Marvel Masterworks? hm

Why not just buy "reading copies"? :baiting:

Why not just buy "reading copies"? :baiting:

That doesn't sound very economical to me. :shrug:

hm i love alot of hulk stuff Favorite cover.. TTA 59 without a doubt, although one of my favorites is also 368 . Storylines? TTA 92&93, Giant size super stars 1, but in my opinion V3 hulk is great, Awesome story by legends like bruce jones and peter david , captivating art by deodato, romita, pak, and weeks. You cant go wrong with that entire run 1-111.As for favorite artst of all time on hulk :cry: id prolly have to agree with jesper, Keown hulks were what i was buying off the rack with secretly saved lunch money so he gets my nod :)

Favorite Hulk run is the TTA/Hulk that Marie Severin did. 93 :cloud9: 102 :banana:

104 and 105 are just masterpieces.

I too, dont like the Hulk when he looks like he is competing for Mr. Olympia.

Trimpe did that well but to me, Severin is tops in Hulk renditions.

Matter of taste. I find the Trimpe rendition to be a poor match for the rampaging brute who can't string 3 words together with correct grammar and, instead, prefer the Hulk drawn like he "will smash!"

12-5.jpg