• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that the Bronze Market has crashed....

34 posts in this topic

Whoa...at first I thought the price was kinda crazy, but then I noticed the auction hasn't ended yet!! Perhaps the Comic Book Apocalypse (CBA) is closer than we think?? confused-smiley-013.gif

But you're using the wrong strategy. It's the Golden Age of Comic Book Selling, so follow the big boy's lead and sell, sell, sell.

Then bank the money and buy when reality sets in.

Heck even Banner spelled this out in a previous post.

I thought last year was the time to sell? confused.gif

Every year before the correction is a great time to sell. I recommended you sell those 9.8's, and you got [!@#%^&^]-rape prices, so why the complaints?

Try getting your sale price on that ASM 101 (or was it 102) 9.8 today...

Yes the crash will come. Please sell your DC's Adams books to me while you still can!

Dude...didn't you get your "Overstreet's Crash Timeline Update No. 9" in the mail last week!?!? The DC Adams crash isn't scheduled for another 2 months 4 days and 3 hours! 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is without question the time to sell if you have high grade CGC stuff. $710? Come on. I recently bought an ungraded copy (that I sent in and got a 9.2 on) for 11 dollars. That's right ELEVEN bucks. How much better is this 9.6 than my 9.2? 700 dollars better? Is it really 64 times better than my copy? I can go out right now and buy up a dozen copies at 9.0 or better for 15-30 bucks apiece. I might get a 9.6 out of them, might not, but I am not paying 64 times the price because a couple of guys in a warehouse decide that the copy they are holding is .2 or .4 better on a 10 point scale. Eventually as the census grows, and more and more people pay these insane multiples because of a number on a chunk of plastic, people will begin to figure out how ridiculous it is. I think now is the time to buy 9.0-9.4 stuff (which people are selling for the price of the slab in many cases) and sell off the 9.6 and 9.8 stuff. I would have sold that Marvel Premiere in a minute at 700, knowing I could buy a dozen nice ungraded copies and had plenty of money to spare.

This is without question the time to sell if you have high grade CGC stuff. $710? Come on. I recently bought an ungraded copy (that I sent in and got a 9.2 on) for 11 dollars. That's right ELEVEN bucks. How much better is this 9.6 than my 9.2? 700 dollars better? Is it really 64 times better than my copy? I can go out right now and buy up a dozen copies at 9.0 or better for 15-30 bucks apiece. I might get a 9.6 out of them, might not, but I am not paying 64 times the price because a couple of guys in a warehouse decide that the copy they are holding is .2 or .4 better on a 10 point scale. Eventually as the census grows, and more and more people pay these insane multiples because of a number on a chunk of plastic, people will begin to figure out how ridiculous it is. I think now is the time to buy 9.0-9.4 stuff (which people are selling for the price of the slab in many cases) and sell off the 9.6 and 9.8 stuff. I would have sold that Marvel Premiere in a minute at 700, knowing I could buy a dozen nice ungraded copies and had plenty of money to spare.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree 100%.

While I don't see a Comic Book Market Crash, I do believe at some point some serious adjustments will be made.

Here's why.

Book with zero defects gets a 10.0 and sells for $1,000

Book with one spine stress gets a 9.9 and sells for $700

Book with two spine stresses gets a 9.8 and sells for $400

Book with three spine stresses gets a 9.6 and sells for $200

Book with four spine stresses gets a 9.4 and sells for $100

Book with five spine stresses gets a 9.2 and sells for $50

Book with six spine stresses gets a 9.0 and sells for $30

Please note that the difference in price for five spine stresses compared to six has is $20 yet one to two is $300.

I can atleast see the 10.0 getting a huge price because there are people who want the best. But either you have the best or you don't. Why pay huge difference if you don't have the best for one less spine stress.

This is not just an example, but reality.

Lastly, to show how out of whack pricing is, check this out:

In an AD in CBG (I will disclose the issue number at a latter time, a GROUP of COLLECTORS were willing to buy these books at these prices (this is before CGC):

Action #1 $150,000 in VF/NM and $220,000 in NM

Dectective #27 140,000 in VF/NM and 160,000 in NM

Captain America #74 4,500 in VF/NM and 6,000 in NM

plus many more.

Notice that at most, they were willing to pay 50% more to go from VF/NM to NM, yet in today's CGC market a NM will get at least 200% more than a VF/NM.

Anyone know the author of the ad? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I need the market to crash pretty soon as well, as most key Bronze Age books are going for crazy prices, even some of the raw ones. Try to grab a copy of Iron Man #55 in Vf or better condition.....man some people are selling them VF's for NM prices, and CGC'd copies are going for $$$$$$$. I was able to pick up a VF/NM 9.0 raw Marvel Premiere 15 for $27 bucks recently, which I thought was a good price until I read the post about a NM going for $11 bucks!! foreheadslap.gif

I am actively collecting the Bronze age right now, so if anyone can speed up the crash...DO IT!!!!!!!! devil.gif

Wise words indeed...