• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that the Bronze Market has crashed....

34 posts in this topic

This is without question the time to sell if you have high grade CGC stuff. $710? Come on. I recently bought an ungraded copy (that I sent in and got a 9.2 on) for 11 dollars. That's right ELEVEN bucks. How much better is this 9.6 than my 9.2? 700 dollars better? Is it really 64 times better than my copy? I can go out right now and buy up a dozen copies at 9.0 or better for 15-30 bucks apiece. I might get a 9.6 out of them, might not, but I am not paying 64 times the price because a couple of guys in a warehouse decide that the copy they are holding is .2 or .4 better on a 10 point scale. Eventually as the census grows, and more and more people pay these insane multiples because of a number on a chunk of plastic, people will begin to figure out how ridiculous it is. I think now is the time to buy 9.0-9.4 stuff (which people are selling for the price of the slab in many cases) and sell off the 9.6 and 9.8 stuff. I would have sold that Marvel Premiere in a minute at 700, knowing I could buy a dozen nice ungraded copies and had plenty of money to spare.

Wise words indeed...

amen, brother!

It's all speculation buyers and not collectors,they will "pay dearly" insane.gifforeheadslap.gif for their greed and foolish buying............

It's interesting to watch in a way, huh? It's like passing around a hot potato. You wonder who are the ones who are gonna get stuck with these things and burned severely. At least when the potatoes cool off, we'll be here to pick them up again! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

so you know i'm not talking out of my arse then. 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif
Guy had tons of Spidey 100s. But he was smart and only put out 1 copy at a time. If you wanted to see another copy, you had to buy multiples! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My raw MP 15 is pretty sweet, better get it slabbed!!! That is insane for that book, I'll have to check in on Iron Fist 14. There was a slabbed 7.0 last week that was up to $119 and the auction had not ended. If the movie was out I could somewhat understand the hype, but a MP 15 for over $2000, I wonder if that was a record? I'll be on the look-out in my upcoming Wizards-that one has got to draw some attention!! 893whatthe.gif