• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #147 P1 Splash by Perez!

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys/gals, After about 9 years of asking around and searching I have finally aquired the splash page to the very first comic I ever bought off the rack. I still to this day vividly remember seeing the comic and picking it and issue #148 off the rack and paging thru them and thinking how cool they looked. I was 11 years old and it was the beginning of summer in 1976. Thus began my comic collecting obsession which of course led many years later to my original art collecting obession. Hopefully my link will work else follow my SIG at the bottom to my CAF gallery. Thanks for checking it out!

http://cafurl.com?i=10057

Hey guys/gals, After about 9 years of asking around and searching I have finally aquired the splash page to the very first comic I ever bought off the rack. I still to this day vividly remember seeing the comic and picking it and issue #148 off the rack and paging thru them and thinking how cool they looked. I was 11 years old and it was the beginning of summer in 1976. Thus began my comic collecting obsession which of course led many years later to my original art collecting obession. Hopefully my link will work else follow my SIG at the bottom to my CAF gallery. Thanks for checking it out!

:applause: That's awesome. To find and acquire a page like this from your childhood is a rare and special thing. Congrats.

Chris

Thanks Chris! It really is pretty cool. This hobby , at least for me, isn't about "fine art" or "popular culture collectables", its all about nostalgia from my youth. the warm fuzzy you get when you see things like this on your wall are priceless. Thanks to all you guys who left nice comments!

Actually its going to be sorta anticlimactic for you. My pal Dan Drummond let me know that Mike Burkey had some Avengers pages for sale that hadn't made it to his site and that would be right up my alley and that was that. Mike was selling them on consignment for another collector whos name I didn't ask. So...I guess I should have thanked Dan publically before this....Thanks Dan!!! (you rule).

Congrats!!!! Well done and a super piece!!! (worship)

Kudos to Dan, a great guy!!!! (thumbs u