• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

what about the science dog mini ? Or guarding the globe?! Not sure who is doing the art on those ones ... Seems similar to his though...

Edited by synch

He isn't doing anything other than Invincible. 75 is double sized with an incredible amount of detail that doesn't go quickly. Trust me, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

They had him doing Haunt :gossip:

Yup, ended awhile ago..

gotcha. I stopped reading after #1. (thumbs u

He isn't doing anything other than Invincible. 75 is double sized with an incredible amount of detail that doesn't go quickly. Trust me, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Yup, ended awhile ago..

+1 lol

what about the science dog mini ? Or guarding the globe?! Not sure who is doing the art on those ones ... Seems similar to his though...

Walker and Ransom Getty, respectively.

Science Dog is a one shot which just reprints the stuff in Invincible #25 and #50.

Yup, ended awhile ago..

+1 lol

Me too. But doing 2 books, I'm sure burned him out. He put out a ton of stuff in 2009 so I'll give him a pass for 2010.

Just read #75.

I like the action issues and enjoyed this one. I think they did a great job establishing the Viltrumite leader as THE badass of the series now that Conquest is done.

Ripping Thadeus's head off and squeezing it until his brains popped out the top was cool. I thought he wouldn't survive the storyline, but I was surprised they killed Oliver.

But I have to say... after issue #63 when I thought Kirkman killed Atom Eve I have to admit I have doubts about Oliver's death. It was brutal how he punched him so hard it ripped his arm off and bottom of his face.

Just read #75.

I like the action issues and enjoyed this one. I think they did a great job establishing the Viltrumite leader as THE badass of the series now that Conquest is done.

Ripping Thadeus's head off and squeezing it until his brains popped out the top was cool. I thought he wouldn't survive the storyline, but I was surprised they killed Oliver.

But I have to say... after issue #63 when I thought Kirkman killed Atom Eve I have to admit I have doubts about Oliver's death. It was brutal how he punched him so hard it ripped his arm off and bottom of his face.

Don't be so sure about that we don't know for sure about his death! Personally I am hoping he lives !

Hey does anyone feel this is a spoiler !? I am saying death but no names... & in this book there are hell o lot of characters ... & some times lots of death too! like say in this book now that I think of it :P

Edited by synch

Indeed these are going cheaper than I thought they would... Thought there would be more demand for them... I got a feeling we will see a bunch of cgc & SS ones pop up & those will be the ones making the cash . I know I got mine to get SS by both of them at some point ... ryan is going to be at eccc next year so I can get him then :D

Edited by synch

I didn't like the issue that much.

Mostly because Oliver was "killed" but Invincible received waaaaaay more damage than he did in 71 or whatever and still lived. Wouldn't Mark at least be hoping and praying that Oliver lives? That kinda pulled me out of the story for a sec. If it was my brother who took that damage, I would be figuring out how to piece him back together not crying about how he was dead.

Aaaaand, the big bad Viltrumite is just like Conquest. Maybe he is tougher and stronger but he is essentially the same character. Ho-hum. I'm bored.

I didn't like the issue that much.

Mostly because Oliver was "killed" but Invincible received waaaaaay more damage than he did in 71 or whatever and still lived. Wouldn't Mark at least be hoping and praying that Oliver lives? That kinda pulled me out of the story for a sec. If it was my brother who took that damage, I would be figuring out how to piece him back together not crying about how he was dead.

Aaaaand, the big bad Viltrumite is just like Conquest. Maybe he is tougher and stronger but he is essentially the same character. Ho-hum. I'm bored.

I said don't be so sure about that... I wouldn't be surprised if we see em again next book! Or at least I hope we do! Remember they were in battle as well any time taken to save/revcover parts would simply have lead to there own deaths . Personally I'll be highly disappointed with kirkman if he is ...

Edited by synch