• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Noobie Pedigree Questions....

10 posts in this topic

I'm sure these have been answered elsewhere, but couldn't find the answers via the search...

noobie question 1:

when i sub books that are part of a collection or pedigree and send in the certificates with the raw books, do i get those certificates back after the books are slabbed?

noobie question 2:

if i have a slabbed pedigree book (with no certificate) and i want to crack it out of the slab, how can i prove that it is a ped book when/if i re-sub? will the old label suffice?

thanks in advance :)

Everytime I have subbed Northlands, Winnipegs, DR,Bowling Greens, the certs have been returned, I believe same goes for Curators.

As far as Oaklands, Boston, Mass peds go, you usually see them noted on the Mylar with the book.

Everytime I have subbed Northlands, Winnipegs, DR,Bowling Greens, the certs have been returned, I believe same goes for Curators.

As far as Oaklands, Boston, Mass peds go, you usually see them noted on the Mylar with the book.

I've got a slew of Mass Copy raw books, admittedly just about all Bronze, and none have any sort of notation on anything. Though, i didn't get them from a dealer like Metro who you'd expect to note books like that.

I had a Diamond copy of All Winners #4 slabbed before thy stop recognizing them. :acclaim:

so what if you cracked that out of the slab and had it re-slabbed with the old label...would they still put 'Diamond copy' on the label? or not, bc they don't recognize it anymore, even though they used to? hm

I had a Diamond copy of All Winners #4 slabbed before thy stop recognizing them. :acclaim:

so what if you cracked that out of the slab and had it re-slabbed with the old label...would they still put 'Diamond copy' on the label?

No.

What If I have a nice SA Captain America 108 for example and I say its a Boston I bought from Metro like 4 years ago?

or

I take the same certificate abd find a book that looks just like it and submit it the same way?

How can they tell?

Well first off all, I don't believe Bostons came with any certificates. So when you do send in a book you claim to be a Ped without any documents, you better make sure of its origin because they will call you and ask.