• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON Returns November 2nd! Featuring Wrightson and Laird!

72 posts in this topic

Another great Boston show! I got a healthy stack of comics that gave me a pleasantly sore shoulder after carrying them around. Berni Wrightson couldn't have been sweeter (and I controlled my my giggly fan-boyishness in front of him...) and I got to chat with some swell folks. Thank you GAcollectibles for always asking about the book. It means a lot to me as it's been such a huge part of my life for the past 3 years. (You'll be among the first to know when it's ready!)

Look forward to reading it!

Kudos to Jimmy and (clean-shaven) Nick and crew, another very well attended show with a nice mix o buyers. Saw some costumes(think I saw one of the baseball gang from "The Warriors"), kids having fun, kids not remembering whether they already had a particular comic at home(*sniff*, they'll grow up to be fine collectors!), lots of interest from GA to Modern, anything Wrightson.

Some of us got out of there a little late as there was activity to the end, by that point we lost a few of potential dinner mates but saddled up a convoy and headed to a local steakhouse out of the city for some grub. Pontoon was to met us there, by the time he got there a few minutes after us ckb had already finished his entire meal(I think the place wanted him out of there ASAP as they brought him his salad and entree while Ted and I were snacking on an appetizer). They didn't like Rich much better as he almost had to eat his entree with his hands. A nice low-key visit with the guys made for a nice end to a long day!

Another fun show! Thanks again guys!

Great show!

Big pat on the back to Jimmy Talbot and Nick, it is nice to see a fine show in Boston!!!

Thanks to all the nice 'dealers' giving good deals.

Bernie is a real sweet guy, fantastic guest. I picked up some of those Frankenstein prints and am shocked at the detail, I don't think I have ever stared at art work for that long, wow.

Always nice seeing GACollectibles, Ted, Jackie, *spoon* Pontoon etc. Sorry I missed you Nik!!!

See ya next time, maybe w/o the ex-girlfriend (she says 'it always smells funny at those things', I hadn't noticed ;) ), hopefully will go to the dinner...

Dang. I hope it wasn't me. I think I forgot the Speed Stick that day.

Wish I'd picked up one of those prints, too, they were nice and I like supporting the artists that way.

You should definitely come out to dinner next time! If you're lucky (?) you'll get one of Ted's special back rubs.

Oh, and I got to enjoy LarrysComics taunting me with "Why didn't you invite me to your CGC football party?". All day. Thanks Larry! :makepoint:

Larry put the show attendance at 1800 in his newsletter today.

That's such an incredible number. I think the three-day show someone tried to run at the Bayside had less people. It sure seemed like it... lol

Oh, and I got to enjoy LarrysComics taunting me with "Why didn't you invite me to your CGC football party?". All day. Thanks Larry! :makepoint:

Larry put the show attendance at 1800 in his newsletter today.

That's such an incredible number. I think the three-day show someone tried to run at the Bayside had less people. It sure seemed like it... lol

Although that show sucked attendance wise, it was my best buying show of all time :cloud9:

Cherry picking, no lines and discounts galore. :headbang: