• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON Returns November 2nd! Featuring Wrightson and Laird!

72 posts in this topic

Ok... now THIS could be interesting. Hopefully I won't be coaching a football game that weekend--could be tough convincing the Mrs. to give me my one day off a week to go play comics. Still, some signed TMNT books might be nice to add to the pile. hm

Convince MK to come down :gossip:

We in Boston are a lazy bunch to become SS witnesses :insane:

Yes we are a lazy bunch! The cold makes us all want to hibernate.

I've never really cared if I had a Signature book, but I think I might like a nice Swamp Thing signed.

MASTER OF HORROR HAUNTS BOSTON COMIC CON

Boston, MA (September 14, 2008) - Celebrate Halloween at the Boston Comic Con with guest of honor, Bernie Wrightson, legendary artist and co-creator of Swamp Thing. In addition to his comic book work Mr. Wrightson is also famous for his collaborations with famed novelist Stephen King, including Creepshow and The Stand. This is a rare opportunity for fans to meet and greet a horror icon at New England's largest comic book and fantasy convention.

Boston Comic Con is also proud to announce that Peter Laird, co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will attend the show with the entire roster of Mirage Studios. A Massachusetts native, Mr. Laird created the Ninja Turtles with Kevin Eastman 25 years ago, little suspecting the pop culture phenomenon they would become. To date the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have spawned four feature films, three television shows, and countless toys, video games, and merchandise. Joining Mr. Laird are his studiomates Jim Lawson, Mike Dooney, Eric Talbot, Steve Lavigne, Dan Berger, and Steve Murphy.

The Boston Comic Con is in its second year of producing comic book shows and is committed to bringing the best comic book show to New England. In addition to comic book superstar creators from around the country, Boston Comic Con showcases the most talented local creators in Artists Alley. Other guests include: Billy Tucci (Shi, Heroes For Hire), Scott Wegener (Punisher: War Journal, co-creator of Atomic Robo), Rob Stull (Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man), Norman Lee (Mary Jane, Marvel Adventures) and many more.

The Boston Comic Con hosts over 16,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, and other comic book related memorabilia. The event will be held Sunday November 2, 2008 at The Back Bay Events Center, 180 Berkeley St., Boston, from 10am to 5pm. Admission is $10. Children 10 and under are free. Go to www.bostoncomiccon.com for more information.

web.jpg

THE FORCE IS WITH BOSTON COMIC CON

October 4, 2008 (Boston, MA) - The Boston Comic Con is excited to have the amazing sci-fi / fantasy artist and Boston native Dave Seeley as a special guest on November 2nd. Dave weaves fantastic visions of fantasy and future for novels, video games, and movies, and does images for fan fave properties, including Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Aliens vs. Predator, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean, and recently for a video game based on the superhero genre show Heroes. He created the front and back jacket images for the upcoming Star Wars novels Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor and Blood Oath. Dave will give away free postcards featuring those pics (see above) while they last.

The Boston Comic Con is in its second year of producing comic book shows and is committed to bringing the biggest and best comic book show to New England. In addition to comic book superstar creators from around the country, Boston Comic Con showcases the most talented local creators in Artists Alley. Other guests include: Bernie Wrightson (City of Others, co-creator of Swamp Thing), Peter Laird (co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Billy Tucci (Shi, Heroes For Hire), Scott Wegener (Punisher: War Journal, co-creator of Atomic Robo), Paul Ryan (The Phantom, Fantastic Four), Rob Stull (Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man), Norman Lee (Mary Jane, Marvel Adventures) and many more.

The Boston Comic Con hosts over 13,000 square feet of vendors selling comic books, toys, posters, and other comic book related memorabilia. The event will be held Sunday November 2, 2008 at The Back Bay Events Center, 180 Berkeley St., Boston, MA from 10am to 5pm. Admission is $10. Children 10 and under are free. Go to www.bostoncomiccon.com for more information.

Boston Comic Con is now on myspace!! http://www.myspace.com/bostoncomiccon

I think the only one who ever left us hanging for dinner was one Pontoon.

He thinks we've let it slide, but we'll get him, the little bugger..