• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #1 on Ebay.....seller- Robojo33

43 posts in this topic

Many of the books are the same books that were up a few months before, they get returned and he posts them again.
The ASM 9 I bought and returned in January, was listed 3 times again after I returned it....when I bought it , he listed it as a 9.0...2nd time was a 9.4, 3rd time was a 9.4 :roflmao:

Many of the books are the same books that were up a few months before, they get returned and he posts them again.
The ASM 9 I bought and returned in January, was listed 3 times again after I returned it....when I bought it , he listed it as a 9.0...2nd time was a 9.4, 3rd time was a 9.4 :roflmao:

Third times a charm! Finally found a person who does not know how to grade or does not submit to CGC.

i'm ashamed to admit I bought from him prior to learning about all this stuff. I bought an ASM 14 restored which he claimed was a 9.6 & a FF 48 unrestored which he claimed was a 9.8 (!!!!). Now I'm a collector with too much disposable income and my grading skills are stuck in the 80's. I bit & paid way too much for the FF 48 but it was one of the books I always wanted in high grade. When I got the books they looked perfect to me... So I left positive feedback. Of course I joined the collector society a few months later and I got 3 free subs to CGC. So of course I send those 2 in, thinking,top of the census baby! A month later, they both come back as 9.0s (I still think they wer rather harsh with my books...). I got that sinking feeling in my heart & felt like vomitting. I sunk thousands into this jerkwads books and now I just wanna torture him Eli Roth style! The FF48 did come back Blue (yippee...) so the problem I have mainly is the CHRONIC OVERGRADING. Raw silver 9.8s & 9.9s, what a joke, now I know and hopefully this post will be read by someone who will hopefully think twice about bidding.

Phew that was therapeutic to get off my chest!!

And remember his ''best guarantee on eBay'' doesnt cover the grades he advertises. I dont care how subjective grading is, but I've come to learn there is quite a difference between 9.8 & 9.0!! I want to make a class action suit against him for misrepresentation!!!! I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm ashamed to admit I bought from him prior to learning about all this stuff. I bought an ASM 14 restored which he claimed was a 9.6 & a FF 48 unrestored which he claimed was a 9.8 (!!!!). Now I'm a collector with too much disposable income and my grading skills are stuck in the 80's. I bit & paid way too much for the FF 48 but it was one of the books I always wanted in high grade. When I got the books they looked perfect to me... So I left positive feedback. Of course I joined the collector society a few months later and I got 3 free subs to CGC. So of course I send those 2 in, thinking,top of the census baby! A month later, they both come back as 9.0s (I still think they wer rather harsh with my books...). I got that sinking feeling in my heart & felt like vomitting. I sunk thousands into this jerkwads books and now I just wanna torture him Eli Roth style! The FF48 did come back Blue (yippee...) so the problem I have mainly is the CHRONIC OVERGRADING. Raw silver 9.8s & 9.9s, what a joke, now I know and hopefully this post will be read by someone who will hopefully think twice about bidding.

And remember his ''best guarantee on eBay'' doesnt cover the grades he advertises. I dont care how subjective grading is, but I've come to learn there is quite a difference between 9.8 & 9.0!! I want to make a class action suit against him for misrepresentation!!!! I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

contact him for a refund, he may be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag, but at least i think he still honors his refund policy.

contact him for a refund, he may be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag, but at least i think he still honors his refund policy.

but his refund policy only covers restos!!!

Im not in agreement with his overgrading practices but offering me a full refund is still a stand-up move.

It's not a stand-up move, it's how he keeps himself from going back to jail. If he didn't give refunds, hundreds of people like yourself would rise up and begin screaming for his head.

I bought a Daredevil 8 off Comic-Keys years ago as a 9.0. Actually thought it would get an 8.5, which I would have been fine with. About a year later I got it graded and it came back a 8.0 PLOD :tonofbricks:

I did email him and he did refund, of course I was out the grading fees, but I still was glad he gave me my money back. Never delt with him after that!