• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your best bargain buy lately?

32 posts in this topic

I picked up a Flash Comics #68 in Fair condition a while ago for $15. (But I paid the guy $20 for delivering it personally.) Don't know if that was a good deal or not... but it's the oldest comic in my collection.

Well I started sorting the 10 long boxes and here are some of the Amazing I found.

These are going to ebay this weekend so any offers PM me.

asm25.jpg

asm28.jpg

asm31.jpg

asm37.jpg

asm51.jpg

asm55.jpg

asm59.jpg

asm68.jpg

asm69.jpg

asm70.jpg

asm78.jpg

There you have it, the low ams that I pulled from the box. This was my best $175 investment ever. thumbsup2.gif

Your response is sign-offtopic.gif and belongs in the MarketPlace....10_2_7.gif

What do you want for your ASM 31? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Keep in mind.....if I get it for a "bargain"....this thread with be back on Topic. thumbsup2.gif

I'm not sign-offtopic.gif I was answering the question about best bargin buy lately. I just included photos. I would tell you what I want for 31 but we need to keep that in the marketPlace. foreheadslap.gif

First I want to try and sell all together unless you make me an offer to split them up. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

My most thrilling purchase that has ties to comic books is a box of Battle Of The Planets trading cards that came as part of a Dynamic Forces Daily Special.

Apologies if the following is a bit long-winded: In the past DF offered the same special that contained the above box (a 4th of July special), and I took advantage of it...got a few BOTP sets, and some nice chase cards.

Then I purchased their four boxes ACTOR trading card deal, and got another BOTP box (for an average of $15.00 for the box, including S&H), and some more non-duplicate chase cards.

And then they re-offered the special that contained the BOTP box along with a few other nice comics, and I went for it again (average price of the box then and now is only $4.00!)...but this time I not only got the chase cards you statistically are supposed to get (1 hand-drawn sketch card, 2 clear cel cards, and 2 autograph cards), I received the sasquatch-sighting like (unless you buy a case, the odds of receiving the only unmarked "hot" box in the case as part of a single-box purchase is a rare 1/10 chances...and keep in mind these boxes theoretically retailed for $72 each) "hot" box that contained a pack with 5 autograph cards, and 2 sketch cards!!!

Two of the autograph cards were the Jae Lee and James Campbell (Danger Girl) ones, and one of the sketch cards was a full head sketch card done in pencil with nice detail and limited to 1000 versus the regular sketch card limit of 2000 per each sketch card (and they are normally done in ink and half head images).

The Alex Ross signed card I received with the binder was expensive though (paid the full 39.95 for binder with signed card). Overall, I ended up spending about $69.00 for a binder, the signed binder card, the base set, and 18 chase cards...maybe not the bargain of the century...but still extremely nice to know I got all these cards for less than the technical retail price of only one box of cards.

Since I have already created a novel, I will continue. In hindsight, I consider the signed Angel 7 comic (signed by Glenn Quinn) I got as part of another daily special (I know I averaged less than $5.00 for this comic) a very lucky buy on my part (although the signed Angel was one of the reasons I gambled on the special in the first place... ). I recently sold it on ebay along with a signed Angel 6 (not very valuable on ebay sold on it's own) for $60.00!! I threw in some freebies, and free S&H, and I STILL was able to cover the entire cost of the daily special with this one sale, and made a profit of at least $8-10 no less.

Of course I am not always THAT lucky, but what a sweet feeling when you buy something that turns out to be gold underneath it's surface.

Enjoy the Week!

Christopher H