• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in Cincinnatti, Ohio?

8 posts in this topic

I'll be attending an Electrical Engineering conference next week in Cincinnatti. Are there any comic shops worth stopping by? I'll be taking the airport shuttle so I won't have access to a car.

Thanks.

don't know what type of stuff your looking for (SA,GA,etc.) but, IMO there are really only 2 stores with any decent back issue supply and those would be:

1. Queen City Comic & Card Company

6101 Montgomery Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45213 Map

(513) 351-5674

and, (my personal favorite)

2. Comic Book World

7130 Turfway Rd

Florence KY 41042

(859) 371-9562

this store is in Florence KY which is Northern Kentucky area right across the river from Cincinnati. (home of, Ocho Stinko). don't know if you were only asking for stores that are IN Cincy. the owners name is Paul and to give you an idea of his stock, he is the one who sold the top 3 CGC graded JLA #1,2,3. he had a very nice selection before he went to WW Chicago con this year and collectors raided his stock, but he is always buying collections and actively adding to his back stock. just recently he bought a huge early Bronze (70-75) DC/Marvel collection, 8.0-9.0 type quality.

hope that helps.

Comic Book World has a good selection of stuff, maybe a little on the high side in my opinion. Usually puts out scans of the better stuff and you have to ask to see the real book. If you don't have access to a car, you ain't getting there without taking a taxi cause its in northern ky (same as the airport). No one wants to be in Cincy :).

I'll add my recommendation for Paul Mullins and Comic Book World. I've shopped there for years. He's go a lot of good back stock. It's only 10 minutes or so from the airport so you could catch a taxi. There might even be TANK bus service that could get you there (but I don'tride the bus so don't know for sure).

I go to both periodically. At Comic Book World in northern Kentucky, you have to ask to see the "old stuff". They have lots of modern books, figures, etc. Worth the trip.

Queen City Comics is also worth the trip and although not as big, and not as much Golden Age stuff, they are worth checking out, just for the Silver Age hanging on the back wall. I bought an AF #15 there for $225.00 back about 15 years or so ago. Turned out to be a CGC 4.5 restored (trimmed). Smaller store but again, worth checking out.