• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: This really stinks..

51 posts in this topic

I had one wisdom tooth come in under the tooth in front of it, due to the fact that I had four previous extractions and braces as a teen, (I had crazy crooked teeth). It had to be cut out before it could be pulled. I also had a very sadistic dentist back then who did not believe in pain medication or nitrous oxide, I was young and didn't know any better. All he gave me was a few shots of novacaine. It was the most horrifying, painful moment of my life, and I was miserable for the next two pain-filled weeks, while it healed. I will never, ever forget that moment. My dentist I have now even gives you gas for a routine cleaning if you want it. If I ever see that guy again I would be very tempted to kick him in the groin repeatedly.

Talk about pain, it was so bad It took on a life of it's own. I would talk to it like an old friend. One day while driving, the pain hit me like a bolt of lightning. I flinched so hard I hit my head on the roof of the car and almost crashed. :cry:

Ouch! I had two wisdoms pulled many years ago. I still have the other 2 though. They'll get a special kind of pliers with "twisted" grips to pull that out. Don't worry, it won't hurt ya.

Why dont I believe that this wont hurt. Then again the whole right side of my face is throbbing, so I dont know how much worse this can get. :wishluck:

Actually, he's probably right. It really shouldn't hurt much, and you're probably in worse pain right now than what you'll experience in having them pulled. Everything will be pretty much deadened, and mostly all you'll feel will be the "pulls" of him trying to get them out. There may be some pain afterwards until you get your pain meds and they start to kick in, but all in all, it's likely not going to be anywhere near as bad as you think.

This....

dental techniques are much more sophisticated than they were even 10 years ago. The fear of the possibility of pain is much worse than the actual procedure. Once they are out you will be greatly relieved. I just had a root canal last Wednesday and had basically a short few hours of dull pain that were deadened even more by the pleasant glow of Oxycodone.

Ouch! I had two wisdoms pulled many years ago. I still have the other 2 though. They'll get a special kind of pliers with "twisted" grips to pull that out. Don't worry, it won't hurt ya.

Why dont I believe that this wont hurt. Then again the whole right side of my face is throbbing, so I dont know how much worse this can get. :wishluck:

Actually, he's probably right. It really shouldn't hurt much, and you're probably in worse pain right now than what you'll experience in having them pulled. Everything will be pretty much deadened, and mostly all you'll feel will be the "pulls" of him trying to get them out. There may be some pain afterwards until you get your pain meds and they start to kick in, but all in all, it's likely not going to be anywhere near as bad as you think.

This....

dental techniques are much more sophisticated than they were even 10 years ago. The fear of the possibility of pain is much worse than the actual procedure. Once they are out you will be greatly relieved. I just had a root canal last Wednesday and had basically a short few hours of dull pain that were deadened even more by the pleasant glow of Oxycodone.

I agree, the dentist said the same thing when I had the last one pulled, and it was true. Piece of cake.

3 of them grew ok, still have to go. But the one barely pokes through,is putting pressure ony other teeth, and has been cutting holes in my cheek for years. Im just looking forward to having nice teeth again.

These are great stories. Novocaine and gas all the way !

Probably going to need a re-fill on the -script before saturday. And I better be healed in time for B'More ! I plan on having some crab cakes with the wife at the forum lunch.

Been eating Vicoden since 4pm. The drive to work at 6am should be "interesting"

No save that mess for Baltimore and mix with alcohol. The worst part of getting wisdom teeth done for me was the 2nd time out of no where the vicoden made me feel sick. But the absolute worse was when they went back into the wound a few days later to remove the gauze. Both times after it was pulled I pretty much blacked out.

This....

Shootydog is right, dentistry has come a long ways since then.

Been eating Vicoden since 4pm. The drive to work at 6am should be "interesting"

No save that mess for Baltimore and mix with alcohol. The worst part of getting wisdom teeth done for me was the 2nd time out of no where the vicoden made me feel sick. But the absolute worse was when they went back into the wound a few days later to remove the gauze. Both times after it was pulled I pretty much blacked out.

I dont drink...

But this removing the gauze does not sound appealing. And the vicoden are the only thing keeping me alive. The pain has just been unbearable. I ate about 2 bottles of tylenol between thursday and today. My poor liver..

I had all 4 of mine removed about 9 years ago. They were pretty bad. I was lucky as they needed to knock me out. All I remember is waking up crying and in a lot of pain. There were tiny pieces of broken teeth working themselves out for what seemed like a month afterwards. They were so bad they had to cut open my gums and break apart the wisdom teeth in order to remove them.

I havent eaten solid foods since thursday. My one wisdom tooth is impacted, and the gum is swollen. No insurance, so the dentist was no fun. Had to go today finally, and the report was ! 4 wisdom teeth have to come out. 2 HAVE to be done this week. The gum is all swollen,and infected. He gave me a prescription for vicoden and antibiotics. So thursday morning I am getting 2 teeth yanked out of my skull. NOT THRILLED!!

And all this happens before Baltimore. This news put a hurting on my plans. I really hoped to have a few bucks to do some buying. Now I only look forward to eating solid foods again.

Be happy your wife has not had your child yet as she may still give you some sympathy for the pain. Short of me cutting off a limb or bones protruding through the skin, my wife pretty much tells me to suck it up. lol

I do get to hear about how she gave birth to our "giant" children whenever I come in whining about jamming a screwdriver in my hand or scraping all the skin off my knuckles.

By the way, this post will self destruct in 5 minutes. (: