• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do all comic guys look like Brad Pitt or Arnold?

86 posts in this topic

Bisexual French Canadian Women ... in my experience French Canadian women are more relaxed when it comes to their sexuality. It's a nice thing.

:luhv:

I'm a bisexual wannabe. The thought of being with another guy doesn't appeal to me...but I sorta wish it did, that I could be that open-minded. At the same time, I see the predominant prejudice people have towards anyone who isn't strictly heterosexual, which makes me not miss bisexuality all that much.

This is one of the reasons why ASM #1-38 portray Spider-man the best. Ditko made Spider-man/Peter Parker look like an ordinary guy. When I picture Spider-man, I always picture him as a very slim individual...not the typical muscle bound Spider-man we see now. While I like Romita Sr., I think he even made Spider-man too muscular and too handsome.

I agree that most heroes are drawn far too muscular and large. The only ones I wouldn't mind seeing very muscular are guys like the Hulk, Thanos, Asgardians and really just characters where it makes sense. But seeing Captain America drawn muscle-bound isn't something I like. He should be drawn to look athletic. Most athletes are lean. The only ones that are truly MUSCULAR like we see in most books are weight lifters.

Bisexual French Canadian Women ... in my experience French Canadian women are more relaxed when it comes to their sexuality. It's a nice thing.

I'm a bisexual wannabe. The thought of being with another guy doesn't appeal to me...but I sorta wish it did, that I could be that open-minded. At the same time, I see the predominant prejudice people have towards anyone who isn't strictly heterosexual, which makes me not miss bisexuality all that much.

Kudos for the bravery, but that was TMI for those of us that are homophobic and judgemental. (thumbs u

The thought of being with another guy doesn't appeal to me...but I sorta wish it did, that I could be that open-minded.

I didn't know that sexual preference and open mindedness were somehow linked. Seems like political correctness taken to the extreme.

(shrug)

That`s why you can`t talk about the subject. you will be considered prejudiced. now when I read the modern comics, I can see that the majority are geared to the young to middle aged gay male comic reader. as a married man who hasn`t read comics for over a 14 year period. you can tell thats who the comics publishers are gearing thier stories to. nothing wrong with that, I just wish there were more stories geared toward the married or single hetrosexual man, maybe thats why comic sales are way down,they gear toward the minoritys and not the mainstream . Has anybody been reading this modern ? definately way out there. la la land to me. they need to get back to the basics and stop pandering to the minority.

That`s why you can`t talk about the subject. you will be considered prejudiced. now when I read the modern comics, I can see that the majority are geared to the young to middle aged gay male comic reader. as a married man who hasn`t read comics for over a 14 year period. you can tell thats who the comics publishers are gearing thier stories to. nothing wrong with that, I just wish there were more stories geared toward the married or single hetrosexual man, maybe thats why comic sales are way down,they gear toward the minoritys and not the mainstream . Has anybody been reading this modern ? definately way out there. la la land to me. they need to get back to the basics and stop pandering to the minority.

I'm sorry, but that is just a load of BS.

I'm sorry, but that is just a load of BS.

No, no, bisexual men and women really like girls with F size breasts!

lol

lol

Oh my lord, you have got to be fuggin kidding me :roflmao:

Thanks for the laugh. This has got to be one of the dumbist statements made on the boards this year.

I salute you sir meh

I'm a bisexual wannabe.

:o

No no stick with women we're so much more fun !!! Sorry to have derailed this thread !

:sorry:

I prefer male superheros to be drawn with lean muscle mass since it denotes strength, speed and agility. These muscle bound meatheads would just trip over their own muscles trying to show off while the damsel in distress drowned !!!

2c

I didn't know that sexual preference and open mindedness were somehow linked. Seems like political correctness taken to the extreme. (shrug)

If you sit a kid in front of a plate of carrots, the odds are, that kid won't like carrots. Carrots don't have a distinctively compelling taste like many of the other foods available like hamburgers, candy, or soda. If you never attempt to influence that opinion the child has formed about carrots by pointing out that they don't actually have a bad taste or texture, they're just not oustanding like some other foods are, then very easily, that kid could eventually close his mind to carrots and come to the conclusion that they dislike them for many years, or perhaps their entire life. They've done their comparison of carrots to other foods and found carrots lacking. Would that kid have liked carrots had you pointed out the better qualities of a carrot from the beginning and generally presented carrots in a positive light to them? Very probably, yes. Lacking that, a bunch of kids end up forming the opinion that carrots are terrible.

I don't know how I ended up heterosexual, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly nurture, not nature. In ancient times, prior to the wide spread of organized religions such as Christianity and Islam, strict heterosexuality wasn't the norm in many societies. However, the modern inhabitants of the Greek island of Lesbos would like you to know that they're no longer one of those free-lovin places! (They recently lost this suit btw).

now when I read the modern comics, I can see that the majority are geared to the young to middle aged gay male comic reader.

What's an example of these gay-targeted comics?

Looking for research material? :baiting:

Yup, everytime I walk into my LCS there are signs for New Comics, Kids Comics, and for Gay Readers Only doh!

Looking for research material? :baiting:

Well he said the "majority" of comics are for gays. I read Daredevil, FF, Ultimate FF, Spidey, Punisher, and X-Men...if the majority of comics are gay-oriented, you'd think ONE of those would fall into the category. And since I can't tell that they are, I'm trying to fine-tune my gay-dar. :insane:

now when I read the modern comics, I can see that the majority are geared to the young to middle aged gay male comic reader.

the modern superman /batman and vertigo stuff, not blantly obvious like read superman and batman comics these are for gay readers. I am not talking the cartoons or movies, just the comics. you can tell especially one such as I who hasn`t read them in 14 years. I betcha though more than 50 percent of comic book readers are gay compared to the rest of the population. taboo subject. Probally why manga destroys regular comics in sales as manga is marketed to the mainstream media. thats enough on the subject from me. maybe somebody else can explain it better.as Senfeld said theres nothing wrong with being gay but us hetrosexuals would like some decent comics to read. :grin:rantrant

the modern superman /batman and vertigo stuff, not blantly obvious like read superman and batman comics these are for gay readers. I am not talking the cartoons or movies, just the comics. you can tell especially one such as I who hasn`t read them in 14 years. I betcha though more than 50 percent of comic book readers are gay compared to the rest of the population. taboo subject. Probally why manga destroys regular comics in sales as manga is marketed to the mainstream media. thats enough on the subject from me. maybe somebody else can explain it better.as Senfeld said theres nothing wrong with being gay but us hetrosexuals would like some decent comics to read. :grin:rantrant

If you haven't read any comics in 14 years what exactly have you been reading? And why call yourself Mr. ComicBook?

The bold bit doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Then again neither does the rest of this post. :roflmao: