• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ASM purchase from Metro.....

383 posts in this topic

The NM- raw book I bought from Metro came back a 8.0. $2450 for an 8.0. When I called them on it...I basically got the "Well CGC is all over the place these days....Sorry" speech. They was real short with me....I guess I feel kind of hosed rantrant ......just thought I'd vent a little. Heres a scan

spiderman9.jpg

Well I'm sure they at least gave you a good discount :)

Seriously it is pretty bad situation...there was no way it would have ever been a 9.2 with that crease at the bottom of Spideys elbow. Can you not return the book for a refund...they are a fairly large operation that is looking for repeat customers...aren't they?

Jim

Seriously it is pretty bad situation...there was no way it would have ever been a 9.2 with that crease at the bottom of Spideys elbow. Can you not return the book for a refund...they are a fairly large operation that is looking for repeat customers...aren't they?

Jim

not hardly...all they said was Sorry...no offers of a future discount....no partial refund....I even brought it by the CGC booth at SDCC and they said it should grade out at least a 9.0. Graders notes said the small overhang crease brought it down to that!

That bottom crease hurts any chance above a 8.5-9.0...They should offer you at least a refund for the book. You'll probably eat the sub fees. No matter how much CGC is "all over the place these days", a +3 overgrade is inexcuseable and you should be entitled a refund IMO.

Jim

lol lol :screwy:

Jim

not hardly...all they said was Sorry...no offers of a future discount....no partial refund....I even brought it by the CGC booth at SDCC and they said it should grade out at least a 9.0. Graders notes said the small overhang crease brought it down to that!

Exactly why I would recommend to anyone to stay away from Metro's raw stuff. I too have been burned in the past by them for upwards of $3k...If they felt is was a 9.2, why didn't they sub it??? hm

Jim

lol lol :screwy:

Jim I love you like a brother dude but I concur