• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this CGC-worthy?

210 posts in this topic

I was on the 9.0 or better side.... I am not nearly as strict as people here.... If I had the money id be happy to own a book in that condition... makepoint.gif

It sure looked pretty to me.

Now I have to decide if I want to sell it, or just keep it. Guide is only around $45, so I'm not certain it's worth it.

I was on the 9.0 or better side.... I am not nearly as strict as people here.... If I had the money id be happy to own a book in that condition... makepoint.gif

It sure looked pretty to me.

Now I have to decide if I want to sell it, or just keep it. Guide is only around $45, so I'm not certain it's worth it.

You have to keep it. It will always remind you of the 1st CGC SUBMISSION SHOWDOWN that we ever had.... cool.gif

I KNEW the Wonder Bread was a must! Get those graders notes and let's find out

- if that spot at the end of Bird-boy's wing is just a production error

- if the book was penalized for dirt on the front or back cover(s)

Maybe Sborock can chime in with an in-depth analysis of the book...seems like CGC can at least expound on at least one book in order to stimulate discussion...

Besides...as Beyonder stated...this book holds higher status seeing as it was the first book involved in a CGC forum showdown....

So howzabout it Steve... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Maybe Sborock can chime in with an in-depth analysis of the book...seems like CGC can at least expound on at least one book in order to stimulate discussion...

Besides...as Beyonder stated...this book holds higher status seeing as it was the first book involved in a CGC forum showdown....

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ooo! Maybe it could get one of those "Special Pedigrees"??? "From the Helga (Not Joanna) Collection"? "CGC Showdown Special Edition"? "The Most Recent Bane of Pov's Existance"?

Ooo! Maybe it could get one of those "Special Pedigrees"??? "From the Helga (Not Joanna) Collection"? "CGC Showdown Special Edition"? "The Most Recent Bane of Pov's Existance"?

I'm sensing a wee bit of sarcasm...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sensing a wee bit of sarcasm...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just like you tell your dates: "It's wee, but it's there. I promise."