• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

obscure n rare comics 4 sale

14 posts in this topic

It's time to make some space. Selling numerous unusual title's such as Peter the Pest, 98% of Skywald's including a full run of Tender Love Stories, Marvel Westerns, numerous DC Whitman variants, Harvey Superhero Giant Sizers such as Spyman, Quite a bit of the Difficult titles to put together in decent condition. A good example is Marvel's Groovy 1-3. Email if interested or have that one issue you have had a tough time finding.

Thanks

I just wanted to toss my name in the ring here as a reference for the seller (comic_memories)...I've been buying and selling books to/from him for several years now via ebay and privately, so don't let his low post total on these boards scare you away from these scarcities!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, I actually just found that site a little while ago doing a search on MSN. In the current environment, are these worth any less or more than their news stand counterparts? I know there's big demand for the price variants, but is there any demand for these Whitman variants?

There are several collectors who are apparently putting together a set of these. I believe that cosmic-spider-man on e-bay is one and I have quite a few. These may be the next hot varaint set to get. Some Whitman variants are extremely tough to find, such as Hulk 222, while others are rather common such as most ASM. Right now I am just trying to find out which Marvel Comics from 1977 to 1979 had Whitman counterparts. If you or anybody else knows of any not on the Grid please let me know. I have been looking for an Avengers 178 Whitman for quite a while and most Daredevils and X-Men are either extremely rare or non-existent. Unlike DC Whitman variants I discover a new Marvel Whitman just about every week on e-bay. I don't think they are worth more right now but we'll see in a few years.