• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18 years in the making - ASM collection finished today

91 posts in this topic

Ok, you inspired me, shall I start a run of ASM too!?? Help me out guys, should I start ASM, or X-Men or Hulk or FF?? I like all of them. Currently reading Punisher, Y the Last Man, and Fables.... so help me out!!! I own more spideys then anything.... but not a huge amount of keys, only the 129, 50, 300, 298, 121 and 122 that I can think of... let me know! PM me!!

he inspired me also to get going again. congratulations. what was your first ASM you can remember reading? mine was ASM 41 "The Horns Of The Rhino"

Avengers and X-men are pretty easy and relatively cheap. Ff is the most expensive with ASM a close second..but there are more people looking for ASM books than for FFs...so I would pick ASM to be a little harder.

If you set your mind to it, stay focused and never overpay you can complete most in about 18 months...finances allowing.

I completed a ASM Run from 1 - 135 a while ago. I have the 300 and other "important" issues as well. It took me around 10 years to do it. The lowest grade is a 6.0 # 1. The highest is the 129 in 9.8... Average grade would probably be 7.0 - 8.0 range. I was very lucky in the fact that I got a nice AF # 15 back in the 80's when my nephew worked at a small comic book shop. It is raw, OW/W Pages, un-restored. Grades at around 7.5 Maybe a 8.0 The cost was at the time was considered good money @ $800.00 Congrats on finishing the ASM Run. Now find that AF # 15 and stop the insanity!!! :golfclap:

he inspired me also to get going again. congratulations. what was your first ASM you can remember reading? mine was ASM 41 "The Horns Of The Rhino"

thank you guys for this MUCH sympathy for reaching my goal. it's very much appreciated.

the first US version of an ASM i was reading was 344 but there were many german issues before this one. i can't remember which was my first spidey comic. i was 5 or 6 years old when i read my first one.

If you set your mind to it, stay focused and never overpay you can complete most in about 18 months...finances allowing.

yep, if i would not collect so many other comics i would have finished my run a lot earlier. and sometimes it's also a lot of luck to get a big nice lot which is very cheap. about 9 years ago i won a lot with more than 100 books on ebay with most of the issues between numbers 100-250. i cost me 300 dollars and another 80 dollars for shipping. i was very surprised to win it this cheap but it also was a risky deal because there were no pictures to this auction. but the books were in very nice condition when i opende the package so this was a real winner. and then there was a collector in austria who stopped collecting and sold his collection for half guide value. he was very much into NM- books and i got many issues between numbers 200-300 from him. so this was where i got many issues in a short time for a very good price. so watch out for good bargains.

hm, where is my cheap AF 15? hm

ups, almost forgot one of my most important issues. this one will always be linked with nice memories of my childhood. and it plays a very important part regarding my love for comics and especially spiderman. i can't remember exactly but i think it was one of my first spidey comics i read, maybe it was the first? of course i had the german version back then.

asm129.jpg