• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18 years in the making - ASM collection finished today

91 posts in this topic

today is a good day.... no, it's a fantastic day. today i have finished my ASM collection which i started in the year 1990 with issue number 344. it was always a dream to have the complete series one day. but i thought it would always stay a dream. 18 years later, the dream has become reality. i received a DHL package today which contained issues 1-9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 20 & 32 to complete my run. i thoght the last issues would take forever to collect because they are the most expensive ones. but then i was offered a great deal and i couldn't refuse to let it pass.

so that's it, every issue beginning from number 1 until today is in my hands. i still think i'm dreaming...

of course, there still lurks a AF 15 somewhere for me.... hm

today is a good day.... no, it's a fantastic day. today i have finished my ASM collection which i started in the year 1990 with issue number 344. it was always a dream to have the complete series one day. but i thought it would always stay a dream. 18 years later, the dream has become reality. i received a DHL package today which contained issues 1-9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 20 & 32 to complete my run. i thoght the last issues would take forever to collect because they are the most expensive ones. but then i was offered a great deal and i couldn't refuse to let it pass.

so that's it, every issue beginning from number 1 until today is in my hands. i still think i'm dreaming...

of course, there still lurks a AF 15 somewhere for me.... hm

(worship)(worship):golfclap:

Outstanding! I still have a way to go on my ASM set. Are you collecting all the current issues? Do you buy the variants of all sorts? What were the hardest or most interesting issues to get your hands on? What are your favorite issues?

V/R,

Mike

Congratulations! Nothing finer then a complete run, and I must ask you. How does it feel when you look at long boxes knowing the run is complete inside?

I would have no idea because I am a collecting butterfly. (:

Congrats though and good luck on aquiring the AF15.

Outstanding! I still have a way to go on my ASM set. Are you collecting all the current issues? Do you buy the variants of all sorts? What were the hardest or most interesting issues to get your hands on? What are your favorite issues?

V/R,

Mike

yes i also collect all the current issues, but no variants. i think one of the hardest issue to get was 129 with all it's up and downs in value the last 15 years. there were times when the price went down and then suddenly it got pushed up again. i always waited for the right moment to buy but then the higher value stuck with it and so i decided to buy a 8.0 last year. it's one of the few issues that i will always remember from my childhood, so i wanted a nice copy of this issue. favorite issues: that's a tough question. 5, 31, 32, 33, 39, 40, 50, 96, 97, 98, 121, 122, 129, 229, 230, 248, 293, 294, 300,...

Congratulations! Nothing finer then a complete run, and I must ask you. How does it feel when you look at long boxes knowing the run is complete inside?

I would have no idea because I am a collecting butterfly. (:

Congrats though and good luck on aquiring the AF15.

it feels good because now i can concentrate on many other books from my want list. but i also feel a little bit sad because it was fun to collect this run for so many years. the end came a little bit fast.