• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have U got $100.000 ? - then buy yourself an AF 15 CGC 8.5

13 posts in this topic

Its showtime over at comic connect. The moment of truth for dudes wanting a high end AF 15. Currently 60K but with 8 days to go it will end higher.

These price levels are ridicuolus. They are created by more and more *moneyed* people (that have no affection to these books) they are moving into the comic field only to hunt down blue chip investements for their currently tumbling stock portfolio. Hobby-Oldtimers, fanboys, and other aythentic dudes who really care about these tales and figures and who have been around for years are being pushed out. Or at least they are forced to pick up the remaining cheap and low-grade copies.

Can this be stopped? Nope. But I hate to see it happen. And I feel that the stock boys should perhaps go elsewhere with their investment strategies.

I personally think it's great, as reflects a broader collector base of the hobby. Something given the constant criticism towards the future of the hobby, any expansion is good expansion.

And while prices increase, and some people bemoan the increased prices, that's only ever a reflection of their own personal situation financially, and nothing more.

As simply put if most guys here had the disposable income, they'd simply bid up the next avaialble high grade copy they chose to acquire. Not a question of elitism in the comic market, as you can always get 'a' copy of the book any day of the week in Masterworks editions, or a beater copy.

Its showtime over at comic connect. The moment of truth for dudes wanting a high end AF 15. Currently 60K but with 8 days to go it will end higher.

These price levels are ridicuolus. They are created by more and more *moneyed* people (that have no affection to these books) they are moving into the comic field only to hunt down blue chip investements for their currently tumbling stock portfolio. Hobby-Oldtimers, fanboys, and other aythentic dudes who really care about these tales and figures and who have been around for years are being pushed out. Or at least they are forced to pick up the remaining cheap and low-grade copies.

Can this be stopped? Nope. But I hate to see it happen. And I feel that the stock boys should perhaps go elsewhere with their investment strategies.

What you say may have truth but in the case of the AF15 a long time collector owns the top two rated copies. And don't fool yourself but there is a lot of big money within our hobby. I personally don't mind outsiders coming in, because it gives up some pub, I know they will flip them in a few years as opposed to holding them forever, and a lot of times they lose money on the books they buy which was paid to a collector and then move on to the next investment.

That being said, I hope a collector gets this book. It is really nice.

If I don't find a More Fun 52 in 5.0 or so I may bid on this book.. I'd prefer the More Fun 52 however... If anyone has a line on a MF 52 I would happily pay a nice finders fee... No Restored books though please. I just don't collect them. I doubt I will win the AF 15 But I will put in a legitimate, good faith bid... I have been given the go ahead by my beautiful wife. So does anyone have a nice MF 52 they would like to sell or point me too??

Brulato (sp) has the 9.6 and a 9.4. There was a scoop article that someone had a link to recently.
He doesn't own the 9.6. Eric Roberts (not the actor) owns it.

how in lord's name do you know who's bidding on this book? oh, and tony tiger would like to have a word w/ you about spooning on the book he's rightfully trying to get top $ for. survival of the fittest- ever hear of it? if you can't hang, go play in another sandbox.

Brulato (sp) has the 9.6 and a 9.4. There was a scoop article that someone had a link to recently.

He may be thinking about the 9.8 :o ASM # 1, which Brulato DOES own. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

He may be thinking about the 9.8 :o ASM # 1, which Brulato DOES own. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There are too many random numbers running through my head after the week we just had in the stock market. Thanks for the correction.

They say memory is the first thing to go, so I found the article: "I also have a 9.6 #1 and two copies of Amazing Fantasy #15 in 9.4, one of which is the White Mountain copy."

So he has a 9.4&9.6 #1 and 2- 9.4 AF15. That's just hawging.

how in lord's name do you know who's bidding on this book? oh, and tony tiger would like to have a word w/ you about spooning on the book he's rightfully trying to get top $ for. survival of the fittest- ever hear of it? if you can't hang, go play in another sandbox.

:applause: