• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Comics Advertisements

7 posts in this topic

One of my longtime approaches to determining scarcity of certain Warren Mags has been to look at the later issues of their runs and see what Warren was still selling through Captain Comis. Here is Creepy for example. Note, its pretty much a straight run from 1 up. You could safely guestimate (IMO) between 1k-5k issues per book that shows up this way.

65771.jpg.b554717078b3b0dcca04379536b68944.jpg

How much would the VAMPIRELLA HC be worth today ? 60.00 retail was REAL steep back in 1982.

I don't know what you mean by gauging the scarcity of the MAGS from the ads ?

Do you mean if you saw an issue advertised by COMICS then you knew it was relatively common ?

If they were selling back issues, it meant they still had stacks of them in the warehouse.

Only thing I'll add is that I've talked with Doug Sulipa about the Warren bankruptcy auction and that's where the 1k-5k numbers per backissue originated. (The lower issues were actually more abundant than many of the later issues).

How much would the VAMPIRELLA HC be worth today ? 60.00 retail was REAL steep back in 1982.

Hard to say. Only 500 were ever made and half of these had to be destroyed when they arrived at Warren from the printer (shoddy cheap binding). So at most there is approx 250 of these guys around and more likely somewhere around 100-200 actually still in existance. Plus there are certain issues with provenance. James Warren still has his copy as far as I know (the Frazetta Coffe Ring edition). Bill Dubays copy is in a private collection and probly wont see the light of day for decades.