• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your top five moderns you read?

84 posts in this topic

My favorites in order:

1. Fables

2. Walking Dead

3. The Goon

4. Star Wars Legacy

5. Invincible

The top 11 :) would be rounded out with:

Ultimate Spider-Man

Fear Agent

Kick-

Conan

Astonishing X-Men

The Boys

Fables has to be #1 for me. Though Jack of Fables is good ole' fashion fun, it doesn't stand a chance against Fables. At this point, I think Willingham has used the silent yet intellectual Babe the Ox past the point of exhaustion. It's not really even that funny anymore. But Willingham does seem to drop a very funny line into each and every issue.

I completely agree Pat! I just skim past the Babe pages now. It was funny at first but got old pretty quickly. The book is still tons of fun and works as a kind of a franchise counterbalance to the more epic tone of Fables.

Nice topic here. Lots of current comics are great but don't get a whole lot of love around these parts,

-Bob

wow, i can't believe how many people dig Invincible :)

Thats a good thing, get the word out, give Kirkman and Ottley the praise they deserve! Such a great book. A superhero comic where the hero accidentally kills the bad guy once and awhile. Nice.

Not actually reading it yet but trying to get hold of a complete set so I can start.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!!

check my sales thread here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2629548#Post2629548

I have an Invincible full run and then some for sale (thumbs u

In no particular order:

1) The Boys

2) Sword

3) Justice Society of America

4) Green Lantern/GLC (yes a bit of a cheat)

5) Wolverine - but this will disappear once 'Old Man Logan' is done.

If not for 'Old Man Logan', Captain America would definately be in #5.

Honorable mention to KickAss and Proof.

hey buddy

The Walking Dead is a great series. Pick up the first tpb, and I have a good feeling you'll wind up reading the rest of the series.

I'm glad my registry notes filled you in on the Cap series! :)

:acclaim: Hiyo!

Ok, I will definitely start to try and pick up... The Walking Dead.

P.S.

I cry myself to sleep every night, because I wasnt able to collect Captain America from the very first issue when it was rebooted! Dont get me wrong... I like trade paperbacks, but it just that some titles shouldnt be collected in trade paperback's, but rather should have the story-title's individual issues.

stop crying and buy issues #26-40 in JLA-all-the-way's thread for $1 a book.

:cry: Hiyo!

:sorry: ... did you have to be so mean! Plus, I dont have any money and im broke right now!

Meanie... :cry: !

Amazing Spiderman (I have a complete run so I have to keep it going)

Daredevil (Bendis was good but Brubaker might be better!)

Walking Dead

Punisher

Invincible

:tonofbricks: Hiyo!

I would love and pick-up the series DareDevil if it was picked up by Frank Miller to run with... he would probably restored some action and witty banter to the series! Anyone thinking.... All-Star DareDevil and Hell's Kitchen, for the title-series name? Does DareDevil still kill criminals?

SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO GRANT MORRISON AND FRANK MILLER! ANTI-LIFE! :devil:

Walking Dead

Punisher

Invincible

I would love and pick-up the series DareDevil if it was picked up by Frank Miller to run with... he would probably restored some action and witty banter to the series! Anyone thinking.... All-Star DareDevil and Hell's Kitchen, for the title-series name? Does DareDevil still kill criminals?

forgive the intrusion into your monologue- but are there 5 moderns you read? you can reply in english if you see fit.

Walking Dead

Punisher

Invincible

forgive the intrusion into your monologue- but are there 5 moderns you read? you can reply in english if you see fit.

lol

:popcorn:

Walking Dead

Punisher

Invincible

:o Hiyo!

Well that was rude! Dude if you look on the first page you see I was the 2nd or 3rd person to post in the thread! Next time, read the posts in this thread in its entirely, then make a response... before you feel stupid!