• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what books are you watching in the comicconnect event auction?

116 posts in this topic

Some nice books in this auction. I'm keeping an eye on several, but don't know if I'll end up bidding on any. Here's what I'm watching:

Action #32

Action #44

Adventure #40

Batman #1

Captain America #1

Captain Marvel Adventures #11

Captain Marvel Jr. #4

Detective #12

Exciting #28

I am looking to upgrade my Detect #12 of which there are 2 copies in this Event Auction. If the coverless Superman #1 was originally bought from DTA and then Cgc'd, it is already at double the eBay valuation. Nice flip for the consignor!

Batman 1 ext. resto and Capt Amer 1 raw, moderate to ext. resto are already above my comfort level.

Trying to upgrade Anarcho also but may just save my $$ for Quality Comix GA auction. Support Brent. :headbang:

I need to go through the whole auction some time this week and put in my bids. I know there are a bunch of Timely war covers that I will make an attempt at. I've already been beat on the Exciting 28 which was the book I really wanted. There is one Batman I still need that I'll be going after as well.

Good luck everyone, unless you're bidding on one of 'my' books. (tsk)

Some nice books in this auction. I'm keeping an eye on several, but don't know if I'll end up bidding on any. Here's what I'm watching:

Action #32

Action #44

Adventure #40

Batman #1

Captain America #1

Captain Marvel Adventures #11

Captain Marvel Jr. #4

Detective #12

Exciting #28

I'm broke, so I won't even watch. :cry:

I'm surprised you didn't buy the Batman #1 Dolgoff had on eBay. It was a nice price and would have taken light to moderate resto to make a very nice copy

I'm surprised you didn't buy the Batman #1 Dolgoff had on eBay. It was a nice price and would have taken light to moderate resto to make a very nice copy

I didn't think he'd get the $7900(I've made a habit lately of underestimating what copies of Batman #1 will sell for). I made him a lower offer. Matt said it would've been a textbook resto job, and would probably have been moderate.

I didn't think he'd get the $7900(I've made a habit lately of underestimating what copies of Batman #1 will sell for). I made him a lower offer. Matt said it would've been a textbook resto job, and would probably have been moderate.

Yep. It had all the right defects.

i too lowballed him.

wasn't too low grade for you?

i too lowballed him.

wasn't too low grade for you?

Matt thought he could bring it up to somewhere between 6.0 and 8.0. He was a bit worried about the page quality though.

batman #1 (i put a max of 6k and am being outbid, i can't bid anymore because i already had to pay 2k for other stuff. :( )

You know what bugs me about that Bat #1? If you're going to get the book extensively restored, why not fix the bottom right corner of the front cover?