• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Season 3 Discussion Thread

61 posts in this topic

Finished Season 2 only last night. I know that it got screwed around by the writers' strike, but I'm not so sure they actually had any for the first six episodes anyway. :(

Not great, and a major let-down after Season 1. However, they picked up the pace towards the end of the series and, given that they had to throw out so many plans and curtail it early, it was a decent enough wrap up.

Sincerely hoping that Season 3 hits the ground running, instead of a repeat of the turgid goings-on of the start of 2. :wishluck:

Ditto on all counts. Season 1 was one of the best seasons of any TV show ever. Season 2 just DRAGGED and DRAGGED until the last episode or two. It got very "soap opera"-ish and the dialogue was very weak in a lot of places.

I agree with both of you. I missed the first 15 minutes tonight, but what I watched (before I turned the channel) seemed pretty silly and contrived. Sorry to say that I'm not sure my wife and I will watch anymore. :(

I'm looking forward to when Torchwood comes back on the BBC.

since heroes will undoubtedly be re-aired on sic-fi or G4, i'm gonna watch prison break on fox.

First they break out... they they break back in... then they break out again? break in? Work for the government to break in somewhere else? (I only followed the 1st two seasons...)

This is kind of like asking how many bad days can Jack Bauer have? (shrug)

lol Shin, since you put it that way i won't be buying Prison break's season 3 DVD. I was thrilled with Season 1 of Prisonbreak but more of a Heroes (Hiro's) fan now. :popcorn:

all it did was show that Sylar doesn't actually eat brains like everyone assumed and that Claire didn't die. He does have her "power" now though. (and she still does also)

Is that what everyone assumed, because I didn't. He was a watchmaker, so I always thought he took the brains to study them in order to find out where the difference was, or what makes them "tick"(their powers) so to speak, then somehow makes that adjustment to himself, internally. I guess I was right, or at least on the right track. I believe this ability to "read" the brain and understand all its intricate workings was a part of his original power.

all it did was show that Sylar doesn't actually eat brains like everyone assumed and that Claire didn't die. He does have her "power" now though. (and she still does also)

Is that what everyone assumed, because I didn't. He was a watchmaker, so I always thought he took the brains to study them in order to find out where the difference was, or what makes them "tick"(their powers) so to speak, then somehow makes that adjustment to himself, internally. I guess I was right, or at least on the right track. I believe this ability to "read" the brain and understand all its intricate workings was a part of his original power.

I thought that he ate the brains as well. Like an old school Venom.

I thought the dialog in the first hour was really bad, especially Suresh's. "Oh, no I see what my father has been looking for his whole life. If I just combine the 218 with 169 I get the 12467 on the alpha... blah, blah, blah" It was like a 10 year old wrote it.

I missed season 2 so have just got it on DVD and am rewatching season 1 now. Hoping that season 3 doesn't start in UK before I finish them.

it starts next week - october 1st which is pretty quick . better get those back episodes watched quickly - looks like youre in for a good weekend

Hey all, spoiler alert:

I am hooked on heroes, as I really liked S1 & 2. My only problem is I watched both sets in two sittings. I don't know if I can handle waiting through cliff hangers. (shrug)

Is it me, or are they becoming more and more like marvel characters? New villains have magnetic (magneto), and flame-thrower(pyro) powers. Suresh became like spider-man

(almost identical to peter's 1st encounter). The guy in the desert reminds me a bit of

that aboriginal guy who transports from xmen. Also, looks like some characters are going to turn evil (cheerleader?).

I assume Peter was trying to kill his brother because he thought he was sylar?

Peter's mom is Sylar's Mom? :o

peter was trying to kill Nathan because of some future backlash against "powered" people

He was trying to prevent him from revealing that he has powers.

I have a feeling that the term "brother" in regards to Sylar is in the figurative sense as I've believed from the beginning that all the powered people were created in a lab except for the ones born to powered people.

Hey all, spoiler alert:

I am hooked on heroes, as I really liked S1 & 2. My only problem is I watched both sets in two sittings. I don't know if I can handle waiting through cliff hangers. (shrug)

Is it me, or are they becoming more and more like marvel characters? New villains have magnetic (magneto), and flame-thrower(pyro) powers. Suresh became like spider-man

(almost identical to peter's 1st encounter). The guy in the desert reminds me a bit of

that aboriginal guy who transports from xmen. Also, looks like some characters are going to turn evil (cheerleader?).

I assume Peter was trying to kill his brother because he thought he was sylar?

Peter's mom is Sylar's Mom? :o

And the Level 5 breakout is just like SHIELD Raft. And that one dude with the fear powers is just like Mister Fear.

I rather liked the premier eps.

I wonder who is going to get the face scar next season?

Future Hiro had it first. Now future Peter has it.

This seems to be Kring's version of the Star Trek goatee.

I don't understand people's fascination with Ali Larter but I do like how each of her personalities except the base seem to have a different power.

Poor Bill Katt. :( was hoping he'd have more of a role.

Same with the dude Peter's in. I don't see the need for keeping Peter in shot all the time and just seeing the other man's face in reflections. It's irritating. I understand the point...it's just irritating.

I think it would be fun if it turns out Mrs Petrelli is really Sylar's mom. I don't think she really is. I think it's just an attempt at manipulation that will eventually go horribly wrong. But it sets the ground for a new part of the Heroes drinking game. Drink every time a Peter shoots a relative.

They seem to have contradicted themselves on Claire. They've shown that her regenerative powers stop if there's damage to the brain so that seems to indicate she can die. Poke her in the brain then burn her or something. But with Sylar saying there's no way to kill her and she can never die...well maybe they're just ran into bad semantics.

When they were showing the previews of the future scene with brunette Claire I had really been hoping it was evil Claire grown from the toe she threw away last season. That would have been much more interesting then just the boring future Claire.

I wonder if they deliberately tried to create the speedster chick to be Gigi Edgely and couldn't get her or if it's just a coincidence. Seriously, she's totally Chiana without the makeup.

Light years ahead of S2 so far.