• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Dealers at Baltimore

20 posts in this topic

The tension mounts... it's almost upon us... it's Baltimore!

For all of you seasoned vets, which dealers are the best ones out there in terms of:

• selection of raw back issues
  • variety of items (tpbs, back issues, OA, etc)
  • willingness to bargain on prices

While I've got an auction I'm waiting on to determine how much money I will/won't be spending, I'd like to get an idea of who I really need to hit. Thanks all!

P.S. How are early should I get there to avoid any massive lines? Medstudentnerd and I bought our tix in advance, but still would like to keep the wait down to 45 minutes (if possible).

Mac,

in the past, dealers that attended Baltimore ( don't know if they will all be here this year ) that I would vouch for would be:

Dale Roberts

Superworld ( Ted )

BasementComics

Steve Ritter

Harley Yee

( and I'm sure there are other good ones....this is who comes to mind at the moment )

Steve

Dale will not be in Baltimore this year it looks like. It actually looks like there's fewer dealers this year than normal.

Here's who I would recommend -- especially if you are looking for accurate grading, fair pricing and a great selection:

1) Bob Storms (Highgradecomics.com)

2) Dave Reynolds/Terry O'Neill (Dave's All American)

3) Steve Ritter (World Wide Comics)

4) Dave Kapelka (North Coast Nostalgia)

5) Al Stoltz (Basement Comics)

These are the best dealers to me that will be setting up. Of course there will be other high quality dealers there... but if you're looking for the best based on the above criteria, these are the guys you need to check out.

Will do Jim!

While most of the dealers listed so far are familiar, there are one or two names I've not heard of or browsed through their online selections. Most are high grade collectors (at least online), but do you find they carry more low to mid grade selection for shows?

Mac: I'll be around the Highgradecomics booth a lot so make sure you stop by and say hi.

Jim

Will you cut me any deals on X-Men books??

:baiting:

Fowlie: For you... I doubt it :sumo:

Jim

Ooh, I like that attitude. I think I will adopt it too. :sumo::sumo:

JimX2

Mac: I'll be around the Highgradecomics booth a lot so make sure you stop by and say hi.

Jim

Will you cut me any deals on X-Men books??

:baiting:

Fowlie: For you... I doubt it :sumo:

Jim

Ooh, I like that attitude. I think I will adopt it too. :sumo::sumo:

JimX2

:o

And I thought we were friends... lol

Just a heads up, I recommend checking out the Sales Boxes at Superworld's setup. I've been helping with inventory the past couple of weeks and Ted has added hundreds of high grade SA/BA to the 1/2 off boxes. :banana:

Just a heads up, I recommend checking out the Sales Boxes at Superworld's setup. I've been helping with inventory the past couple of weeks and Ted has added hundreds of high grade SA/BA to the 1/2 off boxes. :banana:

1/2 off SA Marvel? I'm all over that like a monkey on a cupcake! :banana:

P.S. How are early should I get there to avoid any massive lines? Medstudentnerd and I bought our tix in advance, but still would like to keep the wait down to 45 minutes (if possible).

Any suggestions? As I mentioned, we've already got our tix in hand, so how early should we plan to be there to get in? I'm assuming there is a separate (and hopefully shorter) line for advance ticket holders? :wishluck:

I'll stop by as long as I don't have to look at your ugly mug.

Fugger.

You won't have the pleasure, I'm not gonna be there.... :sorry:

Fugger.

You won't have the pleasure, I'm not gonna be there.... :sorry:

:takeit:

I spent an entire day at his booth a few years ago. Chris Foss has nice books too.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u