• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Seuss Book, not quite a comic

4 posts in this topic

I think you are in the wrong place unless there is some Dr. Seuss collectors aroudn here. In general, signed memorablia can vary greatly in value depending on who signed it. Signed memorabilia from famous actors like Brad Pitt can fetch up to $100. Signed memorabilia from other not so lucky people can be lucky to fetch $10.

I know its not a comic, but I have an autographed Dr. Seuss book, Horton Hears a Hoo. I am wondering if anyone knows what it might be worth or how I could find out? thanks.

The book itself will have some bearing. What issue is it? Who is the publisher and what date? Also, under what circumstances was it signed? And what does the signature say? For example, a 1st edition signed will fetch more than a later edition signed. Also, is it a simple signature or is it signed "to" someone? Usually, collectors prefer the simple signature unless there is some truly unique comments in the "to" sig. Something like "To Barbara, Hope you like it" is not as exciting as "To Barbara. I hope this changes your opinion of me!" or some such similar that may impart a personal touch.