• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Camelot 3000 character art?

11 posts in this topic

I've been chatting with a west coast comic art collector and asked him about this piece tonight. He thinks it is of characters from the 1980's DC series Camelot 3000 and thinks it may have come from a Who's Who in the DC Universe comic.

WarriorArt.jpg

WarriorArtSignatures.jpg

I picked it up a few years ago at a local auction. Can anyone tell me which Who's Who it came from and maybe even post a pic or scan? Also, do any of you recognize the artists' names?

Thanks,

Shark

I have seen a couple different DC Who's Who pieces from Cam3k...neither of which looked like this, and both of those were by Bolland.

I don't think I have ever seen this image before. It's certainly a finished image, nice enough for publication, but I have never seen a pubbed image for Cam3k done by another other than Bolland.

C

PS...Any markings on the back?

From what I remember of the Who's Who books, the artists that were currently working on the titles were the ones that usually did the pin-ups. I remember pieces for Death and Morepheus, Shade the Changing Man and John Constantine specifically. These would have all been pre-Vertigo. Also remember Kelley Jones' Deadman piece (which I believe Glenn D. owns the original to) and I would have expected the Camelot 3000 piece to have been by Bolland.

I just don't recognize the first name, but Bill Jaaska was a regular around DC at this time. He did the New Titans stuff and he did some fill in issues for Shade that I once had some art to.

Maybe they needed a piece for the WW and Bolland was unavailable?

If I still had those books I'd look it up for you...

-e.

Does anyone else recognize the top signature on this art? I know Bill Jaaska is the bottom signature but still can't figure out who the other guy is. I'd also like to know if anyone has ever seen this particular scene in a comic book....possibly one of the aforementioned Who's Who in the DC Universe comics? Any help would be appreciated.

Shark