• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
11 11

2,341 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2024 at 5:30 AM, Buzzetta said:

Ehhh... I backed the kickstarter last night.  Just waken up and thought better of it and cancelled it.  It's just going to sit on my shelf and collect dust. 

For those backing, you might want to consider getting a copy or two of the variant cover to 21.  The variant is extra it seems and it did not appear to be included in the kickstarter purchase, only cover A seems to be included. 

That kickstarter did amazing.  Top comic related kickstarter of all time.  I am hoping they do a box set of the soft covers since on Amazon they already almost half price for the #1 compendium and it still only a preorder.  If they do that to all 4 compendiums you could get a full GI Joe run for close to $220 cdn which isn't bad in my mind.  I am going to wait and see since I have a full run and I have the original marvel trades for the first 5.

They also doing a reprint of Special #1.  Lot of people are happy with that as a space filler.  Wonder if it will bring down demand on the original Special #1 so I can get one cheap :P

My only concern with the hard covers was how thick and would they really be that easy to flip thru and read.  Still decent for someone that doesn't have any Joe books though.   I think because of how cheap this set was the IDW trades will start popping up and I rather have those for when I am researching and looking up stuff.  I have noticed some of the other trades showing up for sale as people are trying to ditch them since they have the kickstarter set coming to them.