• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Here is the HA auction live, you may need a login to access it.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/ed-hannigan-and-klaus-janson-gi-joe-a-real-american-hero-21-cover-snake-eyes-original-art-marvel-1984-/a/7266-91010.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

currently at 125K (156K with buyer premium) with 2 days left

Edited by bluehorseshoe

On 1/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

:whatthe: Ended at 336K

image.png.6df190ebbdc16fb11fcb4a0d86bc803f.png

Was it 336k?  Confused since I made a heritage account since the screen you provided didn't show it closed and was only at 260k and then when I went on Heritage says sold at 312k which included the buyer premium.

gijoe21sold.jpg

Edited by whisp

On 1/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, whisp said:

Was it 336k?  Confused since I made a heritage account since the screen you provided didn't show it closed and was only at 260k and then when I went on Heritage says sold at 312k which included the buyer premium.

gijoe21sold.jpg

A retracted bid? Confusing.....

On 12/13/2021 at 7:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I know nothing of OA, but that seems pretty light.

On 12/13/2021 at 8:36 PM, MAR1979 said:

You may be right.

Will be interesting to see final hammer price.

You were right

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/13/2022 at 6:27 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

A retracted bid? Confusing.....

No.  

No ideas how you are getting your screenshots but those are not even finished auctions.  You are quoting the numbers under what even the next bid would be.  You did this on your secret wars 8 thread about spidey as well where you show a screen when auction not finished and you are reading off the wrong numbers.

Not my project, but I've supported the creator in the past, and I'll be getting this omnibus, too.

Collecting the Art of G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero!
The "Collecting the Art of G.I.Joe" Omnibus Hardcover is a massive 480+ page 12.5"x13" celebration of the art of A Real American Hero!

On 2/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, srezvan said:

Not my project, but I've supported the creator in the past, and I'll be getting this omnibus, too.

Collecting the Art of G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero!
The "Collecting the Art of G.I.Joe" Omnibus Hardcover is a massive 480+ page 12.5"x13" celebration of the art of A Real American Hero!

Thanks... Just backed it!!

Thinking about getting gi joe order of battle 2 graded in the future as it's the first appearance of rocky balboa in comics and would be fun to add to my collection graded.  Does cgc list it as his 1st appearance?  

rocky.jpg

Question for you GI Joe fans. I'm reading my way through the IDW trade paperbacks of the original Marvel series. I noticed something odd in the copyright information about what issues are included:

GI Joe TPB Vol. 13 Collects GI Joe (1982-1994 Marvel) #121-130
GI Joe TPB Vol. 14 Collects GI Joe (1982-1994 Marvel) #135-145

Does anyone know why issues 131-134 aren't included? Is this a typo? Are the issues included somewhere else?

Thanks!

On 1/7/2023 at 12:18 PM, srezvan said:

Question for you GI Joe fans. I'm reading my way through the IDW trade paperbacks of the original Marvel series. I noticed something odd in the copyright information about what issues are included:

GI Joe TPB Vol. 13 Collects GI Joe (1982-1994 Marvel) #121-130
GI Joe TPB Vol. 14 Collects GI Joe (1982-1994 Marvel) #135-145

Does anyone know why issues 131-134 aren't included? Is this a typo? Are the issues included somewhere else?

Thanks!

Those missions havent been declassified or redacted yet. 

I went to a Toy convention and Hasbro were giving away GI Joe Number 1 while promoting the GI Joe line.

This was a good year before it appeared on the newsstand....circa Summer 1981.

I was a kid and this was held at the old NY Coliseum at Columbus Circle that is now the Time Warner Center.

Ill find it and post a pic and see if there are any differences in the printing.

Edited by EricNeedHam

On 1/16/2023 at 4:16 PM, EricNeedHam said:

I went to a Toy convention and Hasbro were giving away GI Joe Number 1 while promoting the GI Joe line.

This was a good year before it appeared on the newsstand....circa Summer 1981.

I was a kid and this was held at the old NY Coliseum at Columbus Circle that is now the Time Warner Center.

Ill find it and post a pic and see if there are any differences in the printing.

A year before?? Wow, I’ve never heard of that. Is it on baxter paper?

On 1/22/2023 at 7:58 AM, EricNeedHam said:

Found it.....doesn't seem to have anything that states its a "promo", but they were giving them out at the Hasbro booth that day.

Scan.jpeg

What is the date on the Indicia inside on page 1? Does it say June 1982?  This looks like a regular newsstand edition.