• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothing high grade.

37 posts in this topic

Going to buy some sweet sweet Treasuries tomorrow :baiting:

:o

Who? What???

I'll show you after I buy them. :whistle:

:banana:

Any NM copies of Bible Stories (Kubert cover)?

I don't know what the LCS owner has but it's from the same collection that I bought a lot of the nice FFEs from a few years ago. I personally have a NM copy of the Bible Stories issue. :baiting:

:takeit:

I bought two FFE's from Lee's; I'm waiting to hear back on shipping costs for a Bible Stories copy from another seller, but the thing with buying treasuries is you have to see them in person to avoid disapointment. The only times I've ever seen high-grade copies in person, the sellers wanted outrageous prices - ie. $300-400 for a Supes vs Spidey Treasury that was VF/NM at best :P

Anyone else ever done this?

Nope, I'm immune to nerd peer-pressure.

What the heck does that mean?

It means that a lot of people come on the forums, see all the wild books posted by the various shut-ins on here, then go back to their collections and think "WTF! My books suck, I hate my books, I'm gonna sell them all!! Argh!".

You must have originally bought them for a reason, so just be satisfied with what you have. Try to slowly upgrade it if you want, but realize that no one, sane person could compete with the absolute top books from hundreds of hardcore collecto-nerds.

It just ain't possible, so chill. And believe me, they've probably got boxes of crepe too.

It means that a lot of people come on the forums, see all the wild books posted by the various shut-ins on here

I know you'll accuse me of stalking you but the truth is your wildazz comments just crack me up!!!

despite having a great job, lotsa dough, a super family life and being generally a stud, you've somehow managed, since yesterday morning, to post non-stop (about 90 friggin posts) on a comic book message board and yet still have the cajones to refer to other folks on here as "Shut-ins"............

I've said this before but I'd hate to be your boss........... :roflmao:

I know you'll accuse me of stalking you but the truth is your wildazz comments just crack me up!!

Haven't you realized that I do this to get a reaction? :insane:

And BTW, I only posted SIX times during working hours today, so I'd hardly call that excessive. meh

It means that a lot of people come on the forums, see all the wild books posted by the various shut-ins on here, then go back to their collections and think "WTF! My books suck, I hate my books, I'm gonna sell them all!! Argh!".

You must have originally bought them for a reason, so just be satisfied with what you have. Try to slowly upgrade it if you want, but realize that no one, sane person could compete with the absolute top books from hundreds of hardcore collecto-nerds.

It just ain't possible, so chill. And believe me, they've probably got boxes of crepe too.

Ahh I see. Damn you all for making me hate my books!!! :sumo::baiting:

In all seriousness though, you are correct in that all the nice pics here do have an influence. However, I really am sick of dirty, ragged books.

I know you'll accuse me of stalking you but the truth is your wildazz comments just crack me up!!

Haven't you realized that I do this to get a reaction? :insane:

And BTW, I only posted SIX times during working hours today, so I'd hardly call that excessive. meh

JC , ..again........

09-18-2008125628PM.jpg

In no way am I ashamed of my sweet runs of Marvel SA and BA in the VG to VF range.

But rebagging my Amazing run tonight, issues 1-192 into mylars and fullbacks, I am keenly aware that there will be some upgrading in my future. :(