• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRETTY BOOK OF THE DAY

91 posts in this topic

I hope it's just not me, but I don't really understand the appeal of some undergorund comics, like the Zap comics for example. While I can appreciate a high grade copy, the art/stories are nothing special. That being said, I do find most of Crumb's work funny in a satirical way, I still don't find the books as a whole interesting. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't own any Undergrounds anymore but used to read them in the 60's/early 70's (born in '50). Whenever I see an Underground cover, no, I don't look at it the way I do a GA book. They tend to lack the innocence! grin.gif

But I DO look at them with fondness and they take me back to a remarkable time in our culture. And some of the stories and tag-lines were really funny, if you were the right age, anyway.

I can appreciate them for their place in our cultural history but my memories of them now suffice. (yes, Virginia, you actually CAN remember the 60's/early 70's and experience them too!) grin.gif

yep that is a book i have had for nearly 17 years.

No offence but it's very impressive that you have owned a book for so long. What's the CGC note?

ds back cover (small)

i'll post a few other "oldies" soon...

AirPirates1.jpg

Although this book was supposed to be confiscated from the publisher, and banned from future printing after the courts sided with Disney, I do have the second issue which I can post another day if anyone would like to see it.