• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Resurrections B'More report.

18 posts in this topic

I am sure everyone is sick of hearing about reports from the Con, but hey you didnt have to read it.

The car ride was ok. I left home at 6AM with the wife and anthony(friend). Met up with Comcasthawk at about 6:40 and hit the road. We arrived in Baltimore by 9:45, and the fun began. It took about 15 minutes to get in and the first thing to do was call people whos books I was holding for SS.

Call 1 Chris (FF.Comics) tells me to politely get over to Jim Lees booth to drop off books for him and Evilash. I get there to find a group of guys wearing Walking Dead Club shirts. Easy to spot these guys again. First thing in the morning it was a bit warm in there, and I was having problems finding anyplace for my very pregnant wife to sit. Chris was very cool to help me out by getting my book signed while I found someplace for Jess to sit (HUGE KUDOS to FFCOMICS (thumbs u)

While I was waiting I met Comicgrinder,Mrs.Grinder,PitBoss, Mac Man and MutantKeys. Some conversations while standing next to the Toon Tumblers Booth. Received my sweet book from Chris , and went walking around. Ran into Jim (CGCWORLD), and went outside to BS. Outside we meet up with the Grinder and wife, and Jeff from Hotflips. Had some fun talking with those guys, Jim is always a guy I like hanging out with. Really do look forward to seeing him at conventions.

Wandered around inside where I ended up meeting the infamous Joeypost, and Timmay. Both really cool guys, a pleasure meeting them both. Since we were all hanging out at Bob Storms booth, Jim decided to fix the wall display, by wipeing out a third of a row of books doh! doh! doh!.. But I did finally pick up a copy of Brave and Bold 88 I can live with. Thanks Jim! Bob wasnt as excited, but we did have some good talks about music. Bob is a cool guy to talk to IMO, at least about music.

12:40 we met up for the forum lunch. Myself,Jess,Anthony,ComcastHawk,Bronze Bruce,Foolkiller,Grinder,Mrs.Grinder, and 2 other members whos names I forget. All headed out for seafood. Sheets of Rain coming down meant taxis, my taxi dropped us off like a full block off mark and I was soaked the entire lunch. I had some great conversations with everyone there, the boards really do have some great people. We ordered, talked books, ate, and left. Foolkiller picked up the Tab, and that was WAAYYY cool ! Brian really is one of the best guys I know in this hobby.

Since Mrs.Grinder was running late, Jess and I stayed with the happy couple. We had some good conversation, and were on our way. When we returned, I FINALLY looked for some books. Ran into Macman and his friend again, and talked it up. Really likeable guy, his friend just wanted a pic with cobra commander. Walked around some more and picked up an ALL-Star 32 for myself, and stopped at the next booth. While making a deal on some books, I meet more forum members. Arex Crooke, Joeypost, and Doc Watson. Arex is a nice guy, and shakes your hand like a man. Be prepared! Doc Watson, great guy! We talked it up for a bit, had some jokes. I wish I could have hung out with these guys longer. Doc has got a great sense of humor, and my wife Loves his accent. (yes Doc you lady killer!)

Went outside for a smoke break. Ran into Timmay (we met up a few times) and Jim CGCworld. Timmay is a very good guy also. Very personable. BS'd a bit headed in and strolled some more. I also picked up 2 Toon Tumblers Con exclusive Batman, and the Sweet Joker !

To everyone I met, it was a great experience.

Chainball gets ahonorable shoutout for going out of his way helping my friend with some SS books. A really solid guy.

And Doc Watson. My wife really does love the accent..

It sucked Jim Lee was limiting the books he would sign....I was loving life knowing that I was first in line.

Yes. But you hooked me up amyways. My wife luckily found a nice AC spot by the ladies room. I really appreciate you hooking me up. As I would not have stood on line with her, just wouldnt be right. So thank you so much. (worship)

12:40 we met up for the forum lunch. Myself,Jess,Anthony,ComcastHawk,Bronze Bruce,Foolkiller,Grinder,Mrs.Grinder, and 2 other members whos names I forget.

Me and Sal were down at the other end of the table - next show, let's chat!

Glad we got to meet--and Zach did get the pic w/ the chubby little Cobra Commander fella. lol Funny stuff. And sorry we missed you guys for the lunch--Mr and Mrs CG caught us about 30 minutes before lunch, but then we got stuck looking at some AF 15s... and well, there you have it.

namisgr was the guy at the lunch table wearing glasses and a hat, and seated to Foolkiller's immediate left. I was the guy to Foolkiller's right, at the end of the table.

:hi:

What kinda accent does Watson have that is so appealing ?? .... (shrug)

It can't be European , that's fur sure ! ... :whistle:.................................... :foryou:

I forget where he is from but has a thick accent. We were talking, and he cracked a joke about Rich Henn touching him twice at the dinner the night before. He said it was friendly. My wife looked at me after we parted ways, and said everything that man says sounds reat.