• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10% off slabs and raw Gold to modern. Including a Mystery Men #1

91 posts in this topic

Action Comics #72...3.5..Tape over staple that is not actually doing anything. Five small 1" or less pieces of tape on inside of fc not actually doing anything. ! small piece of tape on the bc. Some light pencil scribble in the black on the fc that is hard to see. It also looks like someone lightly tried to erase it....$175

Some nice books here but I've hit my quota for the month/year of books outside my focus but just too nice to pass up. Love this Action.

anymore Excitings? hm
no, there won't be any more Excitings. Sorry. I might throw up a Black Terror or two later tonight. I'm just going kind of haphazardly. Also, I probably won't post till after 9:30 or so.

:popcorn: Let me know if it will be anything good lol

Alrighty then.

I've had this book for about four years. I always had some suspicion about restoration so I had Matt Nelson look at it in New York. He determined that he had been disassembled and cleaned. Possibly pressed. With that in mind, I decided to go ahead and have the cover reatached and spine splits sealed. Matt suggested that this would only constitute slight resto, even though with moderate to extensive, it would certainly acheive a pretty high grade.

Included is the certificate from Classics Incorporated documenting the work that has been done to the book. The work done by Matt is excellent, but with all due respect to Matt, I belive the apparent 6.0 grade to be optimistic.

The main issues with the book is the obvious chip on the upper left fc. There is also a 3/4" sliver missing at the top of the spine edge. A small piece out on the bc at the upper staple. The cf is detached, I don't know why I didn't think to have it reattached when the other work was done.

This is a great book and an obvious key issue with a fantastic Lou Fine cover. There are currently only 12 copies on the census with half of those haveing restoration. This is one I will surely miss if it does sell here. I am asking $1500 which is considerably less than I have in to it.

This exact book sold at Heritage in 2001 for $1725 . I belive I am the third owner since then.Link to the previous Heritage sale.

MysteryMen1001.jpg

MysteryMen1-2.jpg

MysteryMen1002.jpg