• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my First piece of OA

20 posts in this topic

Got only 1 sketch while I was there.....took Herb about 30 minutes to make this. Its on a 11" x 17" page ..... and the best part of it..... Herb Trimpe actually sketched that for me with NO money down....he told me to send him a check in the mail as soon as I can!!! What a guy....huh? How many artists would do that in this day and age?

BaltimoreandWashington069.jpg

Got only 1 sketch while I was there.....took Herb about 30 minutes to make this. Its on a 11" x 17" page ..... and the best part of it..... Herb Trimpe actually sketched that for me with NO money down....he told me to send him a check in the mail as soon as I can!!! What a guy....huh? How many artists would do that in this day and age?

Great pic. Can't go wrong with a pic of Wolverine from the guy that drew Hulk181 (thumbs u

Herb is a heck of a guy. I haven't had the pleasure to meet him in person yet, but I'm looking forward to the day. He did my FIRST COMMISSION(Well, Fabry got paid for my first commission, but he hasn't completed it yet, but I digress) and gave me a sizable military discount. Herb spent some time in the Army it turns out.

Great pic. Can't go wrong with a pic of Wolverine from the guy that drew Hulk181 (thumbs u

Herb is a heck of a guy. I haven't had the pleasure to meet him in person yet, but I'm looking forward to the day. He did my FIRST COMMISSION(Well, Fabry got paid for my first commission, but he hasn't completed it yet, but I digress) and gave me a sizable military discount. Herb spent some time in the Army it turns out.

I figured on getting a Spider-man....but Romita flaked (shrug) I know Herb does a great Spidey...but, had to get the Wolverine. Hopefully next time I see Herb...I can get a Wolverine battles Spidey sketch :wishluck:

I figured on getting a Spider-man....but Romita flaked (shrug) I know Herb does a great Spidey...but, had to get the Wolverine. Hopefully next time I see Herb...I can get a Wolverine battles Spidey sketch :wishluck:
Get a Hulk. Trimpe is kickass at The Hulk

Get a Hulk. Trimpe is kickass at The Hulk
I actually watched him draw 3 hulks, and you are right ....he is the man at drawing the Hulk!

Great sketch CG!

Huh, I didn't get a military discount. Then again, I only asked him for a convention sketch which he charges FAR lower than most artists so I can't really complain ;) Herb is definitely a cool guy and I was surprised that he remembered doing my sketch from back in February via our email conversations. So glad I got to meet him and get my IH 180 and 181 signed.

That's a really nice piece! Herb is easily one of the nicest guys in the business! I met him in KC a couple of years ago and hummed and hawed about a fully inked piece he had with him. I bet I went by the table and looked at it at least a dozen times, alway placing it back at the bottom of the pile to "hide" it.

lol

Anyway, he told me to ignore the price on it, that he would do much better. More humming and hawing......I finally asked if he would take a check, he said yes and knocked about $500 off the asking price!

:o

Believe it or not, it gets even better. About two weeks after the show, I get a letter with "Trimpe" as the return address. He dropped me a note saying he thought that he forgot to sign the piece before I left (he did sign it) and let me know that if I wanted it signed he would gladly do it for me. I assume he got my address off of my check. Do they get any better than this?

(worship)

That's a really nice piece! Herb is easily one of the nicest guys in the business! I met him in KC a couple of years ago and hummed and hawed about a fully inked piece he had with him. I bet I went by the table and looked at it at least a dozen times, alway placing it back at the bottom of the pile to "hide" it.

lol

Anyway, he told me to ignore the price on it, that he would do much better. More humming and hawing......I finally asked if he would take a check, he said yes and knocked about $500 off the asking price!

:o

Believe it or not, it gets even better. About two weeks after the show, I get a letter with "Trimpe" as the return address. He dropped me a note saying he thought that he forgot to sign the piece before I left (he did sign it) and let me know that if I wanted it signed he would gladly do it for me. I assume he got my address off of my check. Do they get any better than this?

(worship)

he is a super guy.....can't wait to see him again and get a spidey vs. wolverine sketch :banana:

one thing. Don't frame the original as the pencils can and will fade. I spray every piece I get with a workable fixative first. Then, get a copy made of it and frame the copy. Check the beginning of the art under glass thread for these and other hints I've talked about.

one thing. Don't frame the original as the pencils can and will fade. I spray every piece I get with a workable fixative first. Then, get a copy made of it and frame the copy. Check the beginning of the art under glass thread for these and other hints I've talked about.
(thumbs u