• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay listing fee sale this week 11/11-11/17

4 posts in this topic

Just saw when I logged in that eBay is having a listing fee sale...

Apparently anything you list with a minimum bid of 99 cents or lower this week will be billed 20c instead of the normal 30c...

Not a huge deal, unless you plan to offer a bunch of items... but it does last all week.

Anybody wonder if eBay's traffic is down lately, after seeing them offer free fixed price listings and now this so close together?

I saw that, too. It might be the success of 1c gallery day. They probably see such a jump in listings, that they're thinking up other 'bargains' to offer. I know I love 1c gallery day (or 3 days, as we had recently).

But sales might be down because of the economy, so that would make sense as well. I sell more than comics -- signed 1st edition books, TV show collectibles, etc. -- and sales are down in all areas.

-- Joanna

It's a way for EBay to get all kinds of cheap 99-cent listings, as right now, everyone seems to be starting at insane initial bids and many have reserves. No one is buying, EBay revenues are likely down and this (in their mind anyway) should help.

I don't think offering a 10-cent discount is gonna do much, but a "Free for 99-cents" promotion would have done serious business.