• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Lee Uncanny X-Men cover question

24 posts in this topic

I've been interested in getting one from his Uncanny X-Men run (along with the couple of odd ones) for quite some time now. His stuff on Uncanny X-Men.. along with Silvestri's stuff was my favorite during the entire copper run I used to collect. I even spoke to Lee about it for a couple of minutes in B-more. My question for you "experts" is how much would one run me? I think I have an idea, but I've never seen one for sale. Finding one will be hard enough and I know I would be in competition with deep pockets and the supply and demand ratio doesnt help me much :( . Any help will be appreciated.

Danny

I've been interested in getting one from his Uncanny X-Men run (along with the couple of odd ones) for quite some time now. His stuff on Uncanny X-Men.. along with Silvestri's stuff was my favorite during the entire copper run I used to collect. I even spoke to Lee about it for a couple of minutes in B-more. My question for you "experts" is how much would one run me? I think I have an idea, but I've never seen one for sale. Finding one will be hard enough and I know I would be in competition with deep pockets and the supply and demand ratio doesnt help me much :( . Any help will be appreciated.

Danny

the short answer is: "If you have to ask how much....." :roflmao:

C

Your estimate is out of date. With few exceptions, 35-40k is the least you should expect to have to pay. I've been offered MUCH more than that (cash, no trade) for Xmen covers. When you consider that recent All Star Batman covers often go for 15-25k and beyond (and are of course currently more available), the laws of supply and demand have really pushed the Xmen numbers up dramatically.

Scott Williams

I want to say Profiles in History had a regular X-Men cover listed at 35K there last go around. mess can't remember. Maybe it was even a DPS. Anyone remember which Jim Lee X-Men piece that was? I also seem to remember seeing the cover to X-Men 257 being available on CAF a few months ago for 12K-15K can't really recall the exact amount.

Your estimate is out of date. With few exceptions, 35-40k is the least you should expect to have to pay. I've been offered MUCH more than that (cash, no trade) for Xmen covers. When you consider that recent All Star Batman covers often go for 15-25k and beyond (and are of course currently more available), the laws of supply and demand have really pushed the Xmen numbers up dramatically.

Scott Williams

You know what, you're right. When put into perspective my estimate is really out of date.

I love the Jim Lee material during that period, too. I can't afford it but I like it.

Would the Jim Lee X-Men work and the McFarlane Spider-Man work be the most expensive OA from that time period (1990's)?

Yes

I love the Jim Lee material during that period, too. I can't afford it but I like it.

Would the Jim Lee X-Men work and the McFarlane Spider-Man work be the most expensive OA from that time period (1990's)?

Yes

A really good Lee cover from X-men will run you no less then 60k, IF you can get one.

Scott Williams

You know what, you're right. When put into perspective my estimate is really out of date.

Are these pages really that expensive ?

Scott Williams

Are these pages really that expensive ?

If Scott says it's so: it's so.