• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Welcome Back....

40 posts in this topic

:banana:P H I S H :banana:

http://phish.com/videosplash/ link to announcement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggvnwpwkOJQ

WWWOOOOOHHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

March 6-8 Hampton Coliseum (known to Phishheads as the MOTHERSHIP)!!!!!!!

Anybody else sign up for the lottery yet? It seems as though the entire area is sold out for hotels/motels already. I was lucky enough to book a Marriot less than a mile from the venue.

If you live in this area, expect hippies/homeless people to take over the town for a few weeks

Phishheads.. speak to me

One of the guys I work with is so pumped up about this. I also emailed it to my brother who has seen them 15 or 20 times. It's a big deal, and patchouli futures are a good investment again.

I like Phish a lot...when they're covering The Beatles. The Who, and The Velvet Underground... :grin:

Gotta love those Halloween shows. I was only able to see them live ONCE and that was their last NYE show in Miami.. I can not wait!!

I hope they play my fav for you...

They did for me.

DIVIDED SKY!

The one thing I can say is that Phish Live is a very rich experience...

I have never heard a band play their tunes and make everything sound improv

yet very professionally polished at the same time.

Every tune was a jam session.

I am one of the few fans of Phish that actually like their studio work

and their live jam infusions.

(thumbs u

The 1 and only time I saw them they played YEM and Divided Sky.

And their studio stuff is good, but I would NEVER listen to it. Billy Breathes is GREAT and a few other early ones, but if I sit down to listen to them, it will always be a live show.

Their new DVD is ok, great sound but not great camera work. They are releasing I think a 8 CD disc set soon that should be sick

They played at a friends wedding reception last month, but besides that, they havent played together in a long long time. I just hope I dont spend a nice chunk of change to hear them sound like . But any Phish fan will tell you, a sh!tty show is still better than 99% of any other show a band would put on these days!!

:headbang:

The guys who work at the local liquor store where I buy my beer are huge Phish fans (it's all they play in the store), and they're all in the 21 - 26 age bracket. Lots of them are actually IN local jam bands, too. Even though our ideas of what makes for great Rock-and-Roll are radically different, they're easily some of the nicest, most musically tolerant fans of any band that I've ever met. I'd rather hang around with them all day than a lot of the punks and other doctrinaire "underground" types I meet in my corner of the musical world. So if a band can be in any sense responsible for the quality for their fan base, Phish easily wins on that score in my book...

Nerfherder, why are you not making the trip?

Because I already had the best experience and I don't want to taint that.

I had seats that right up front in an executive booth with a table and a server.

I have seen Trey Anastasio by himself a couple of times as well.

I respect the following that Phish has, but I saw them once and that was good enough for me.

I have been to about 200 concerts in my life time and there are very few that I would

go twice to.

Pink Floyd is one.