• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

due to what happened on Wall Street.CGC is needed now more than ever!

6 posts in this topic

what went down on Wall Street on Monday has probally struck a cord with comic book collectors. with cash and credit not going be in abundant as before. people will now shop more wisely as the big party is now over.people will now look and dig hard for information about their purchases. I know a lot of people were scared with what happened Monday and its the non-essentials things people will drop first.

healthcare vs comics

gas vs comics

food vs comics.

rent/mortgage vs comics

this is just the beginning as I expect more posts over the next months about buying raw vs.CGC. buying CGC graded comics is now a must for purchasing expensive valuable comic books.

When I buy a $1000 plus book I want the CGC label on it, especially during these economys down times. I want to know if my book was trimmed or color touched.

It's unfortunate but probably true, especially about restoration detection.

Its too bad a buyer and seller couldn't more easily just go to a "drive-in" type service , maybe at Cons and get it done to seal the deal because thats the only point I would want that sort of professional service

I jst dont agree with this. I will sell slabs, but not buy. Buy a pen black light, buy from respected dealers, and ship books to Matt or Susan. It will save you cash by the metric TON in the end. All t takes is a little bit of time, and make sure the dealer you buy from has a good return policy.

what went down on Wall Street on Monday has probally struck a cord with comic book collectors. with cash and credit not going be in abundant as before. people will now shop more wisely as the big party is now over.people will now look and dig hard for information about their purchases. I know a lot of people were scared with what happened Monday and its the non-essentials things people will drop first.

healthcare vs comics

gas vs comics

food vs comics.

rent/mortgage vs comics

this is just the beginning as I expect more posts over the next months about buying raw vs.CGC. buying CGC graded comics is now a must for purchasing expensive valuable comic books.

When I buy a $1000 plus book I want the CGC label on it, especially during these economys down times. I want to know if my book was trimmed or color touched.

I did the tally, and it is comics 4 and those luxeries 0. What problem? (shrug)