• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

Promo seems to be over. For future reference:

It is tricky, but I figured it out. Here is the easiest way.

1. Find an ebay BUY IT NOW item you want that takes paypal and put it in your ebay watch list.

2. Go to live.com and search for that ebay item

3. Click on the CASHBACK link that appears beside the ebay search link (this takes you into ebay)

4. Go to your watch list

5. Go to your item and click BUY IT NOW to see confirmation screen

6. Make sure the confirmation screen clearly shows you are getting a live.com discount (there will be a logo with the live.com discount)

7. If the logo is not there, do not buy the item, you will not get the discount

8. If the logo is there, buy the item and pay for it with paypal (you will see the discount logo again in paypal)

9. Follow the confirmation emails to claim the refund

10. You will need to create a free live.com accont to claim refund but if you have an existing hotmail account, just use that as your login and it will also work to claim discount

11. Discount will show ijn your account as PENDING in about 24 hours

12. Wait mandatory 60 days and then claim the refund

It worked for me. This promo will probably be offered again. The max refund is $200 per deal (i.e. the max price is about $660, if the price is over that you still only get $200). You can get 6 deals per offer (i.e. max $1200)

You can claim $2500 in refunds per year.

Bill Gates is giving away money. He is desperate to beat Google in SEARCH.

Promo seems to be over. For future reference:

It is tricky, but I figured it out. Here is the easiest way.

1. Find an ebay BUY IT NOW item you want that takes paypal and put it in your ebay watch list.

2. Go to live.com and search for that ebay item

3. Click on the CASHBACK link that appears beside the ebay search link (this takes you into ebay)

4. Go to your watch list

5. Go to your item and click BUY IT NOW to see confirmation screen

6. Make sure the confirmation screen clearly shows you are getting a live.com discount (there will be a logo with the live.com discount)

7. If the logo is not there, do not buy the item, you will not get the discount

8. If the logo is there, buy the item and pay for it with paypal (you will see the discount logo again in paypal)

9. Follow the confirmation emails to claim the refund

10. You will need to create a free live.com accont to claim refund but if you have an existing hotmail account, just use that as your login and it will also work to claim discount

11. Discount will show ijn your account as PENDING in about 24 hours

12. Wait mandatory 60 days and then claim the refund

It worked for me. This promo will probably be offered again. The max refund is $200 per deal (i.e. the max price is about $660, if the price is over that you still only get $200). You can get 6 deals per offer (i.e. max $1200)

You can claim $2500 in refunds per year.

Bill Gates is giving away money. He is desperate to beat Google in SEARCH.

Thanks, hopefully even this caveman can do it!

I still can't figure this out. I created a Hotmail account, entered "Buy it now" selected an item, and looked for the live.com icon. I don't see it anywhere...Help!

When I got it to work last week for me, I could not get EVERY item to qualify for the discount, only some of them. I know for a fact I could noy buy more than a quantity of one, every time I tried to buy more than one item from a seller who had multiple items, it would not work.

Go back and re-read the instructions I posted last week.

Then try to get it to work with a simple item first, like a wii or an xbox (without actually buying them). Once you have that figured out, try to get an item you actually want.

Make sure you start your search from the live.com site (not the ebay site)

Try using different search terms, not all of them will get a discount it seems.

I know I was getting a discount icon if I entered "CGC" but not if I entered "comic"

The discount item MUST display on live.com after you do the SEARCH

You can get 6 deals per offer (i.e. max $1200)

Is it 6 per offer or 6 per ebay account becuase thats how I read the fine print? As in, can you only do this 6 total times or every time it changes (say from 30% to %20) can you do it 6 times?