• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure this deal out myself. I

1) Went to Live.com

2) Entered in the eBay Item # that I wanted to buy

Live.com didn't find the item in the search. Anyone else experiencing this same problem? (shrug)

The best thing to do is go to live.com and enter just about anything in the search field that it might find on ebay. Try "Avengers". You should get a gray highlighted link to ebay with the cashback logo in it. Click that and it will go to ebay where the logo should be visible at the top. you may have to log in to ebay, but from there you should be able to search or go to "my ebay" as you normally would. Just make sure the cashback logo follows you through every page, which it should.

That has worked for me.

I'm trying to figure this deal out myself. I

1) Went to Live.com

2) Entered in the eBay Item # that I wanted to buy

Live.com didn't find the item in the search. Anyone else experiencing this same problem? (shrug)

The best thing to do is go to live.com and enter just about anything in the search field that it might find on ebay. Try "Avengers". You should get a gray highlighted link to ebay with the cashback logo in it. Click that and it will go to ebay where the logo should be visible at the top. you may have to log in to ebay, but from there you should be able to search or go to "my ebay" as you normally would. Just make sure the cashback logo follows you through every page, which it should.

That has worked for me.

Probably one of the more helpful posts on this entire board. Thank You. You essentially have to let Live.com find ebay and once your in you can search for whatever.

Thanks

CC

Yeah, but it didn't work for me when I searched for "ebay" it found ebay but didn't have the promo attached.

As long as the promo is attached at the top of the screen ARE YOU SURE that you get 30% off? I also have the 10% Powerseller coupon, but would hate not to get the 30% and be screwed over.

CC

put EBAY into the search bar, then you will see a link in gray (sponsored link), click it, it will take you to EBAY...up at the top of the EBAY page where you see your loggin name (top left "hi, *****" you should see a logo or whatever that says Microsoft cashback 30%...if you see that..then you can "search" EBAY for whatever it is you want and it will search only the approved listing for the cashback offer..BIN if you find something you're interested in, hit the BIN button to "review and commit to buy" page....at the bottom you'll see the Microsoft cashback logo again and it should confirm if the item is valid for the offer.....hope this helps...

You should get a message from email ebay first. It will state the you earned "cashback".

You will then need to "get Cashback" which you need to click on and it will take you to live.com where you can login to your live.com account.

It will take about 1-2 days before you see it pending in you live.com account.

Thanks.

I meant ebay first... lol

I was on the phone with my boss when I was typing :insane:

Yeah, but it didn't work for me when I searched for "ebay" it found ebay but didn't have the promo attached.

As long as the promo is attached at the top of the screen ARE YOU SURE that you get 30% off? I also have the 10% Powerseller coupon, but would hate not to get the 30% and be screwed over.

CC

Yep, as long as that logo is there. It will even be on the next screen when you it the BIN before you confirm and seal the deal. It will even show you the amount of cash back you have earned. As soon as you finalize, hit the Paypal button and pay. A few minute later you will get a message in your ebay messages that says you have earned cashback.

CC

It will say 30% off on the logo. I have almost $400 cashback in my live account from 2 ebay transactions :banana:

My curiosity now is...... If it's a BIN with best offer, can you submit a lower offer and still be eligible for the discount on THAT new price if it's accepted by the seller?

hm

I've wondered that too. Two of you all get together and try it. you could always lowball the seller an let them decline three times. Then send an e-mail saying you have exhausted your ebay offers and ask if they will set the BIN at a negotiated price so you can buy it.

CC

It will say 30% off on the logo. I have almost $400 cashback in my live account from 2 ebay transactions :banana:

I just signed up for a cashback account and have added my PayPal address to my profile. Here is my question; suppose I purchase a book; will the difference automatically be taken out of the BIN price or will it just show up in my cashback account? If it does show in cashback how can I, and I guess more directly how quickly can I get the money back over into my PayPal account? Have you tried this?

CC

CC

I just signed up for a cashback account and have added my PayPal address to my profile. Here is my question; suppose I purchase a book; will the difference automatically be taken out of the BIN price or will it just show up in my cashback account? If it does show in cashback how can I, and I guess more directly how quickly can I get the money back over into my PayPal account? Have you tried this?

CC

It takes 60 days before you can get your money from your Live.com account. That is how they protect themselves from scammers that will return books and keep the cash back. If you don't have time to sit on the money, don't do it. If you buy a 5

$500 book, that is what you pay today.(less your 10% paypal promo) It will take sixty days to get your $150 cash back from live.com.

yeah, I saw that, but I have an EBAY 10% off coupon I can use in conjunction with the live.com discount :banana:

$660.00 x 0.30 = $200 (offer cap)

You will have to foot the FULL BIN amount until Microsoft basically reimburses your Live.com account in 60 days and can be transfered to your Paypal account any time after that...Just make sure you read the fine print and follow all the directions carefully..... 200 bucks well stolen if you ask me :takeit:

I caught on to that too last night while discussing it with the wife...I basically said, what's to stop someone from listing an item(s) for $660.00 and using a BIN setup to scam Microsoft out of an easy $200.00 minus EBAY/PAYPAL fees?

Hmmmmmm...lol

I caught on to that too last night while discussing it with the wife...I basically said, what's to stop someone from listing an item(s) for $660.00 and using a BIN setup to scam Microsoft out of an easy $200.00 minus EBAY/PAYPAL fees?

Hmmmmmm...lol

10% return in 60 days with NOTHING changing hands.....

hm