• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

I have almost 700 cashback coming my way... :banana:

I might have to get another grail hm

Damn! That is sweet. Why do I keep thinking there is a $200 limit? Is that just for a certain period of time? I know, the answer is probably in this thread somewhere, but give the Cliff Notes puleaze :)

$200.00 limit per transaction :)

I have a few transactions :grin:

How in the $^@^* do you ever find anything? I can enter the exact search words and it will only pull up unrelated craap.

live.com is just the entry point.

pick any number of live.com searches to find something on eBay ("lego table" always works for me). then click on one of the links provided on the live.com search results page that has the little green cashback logo next to it. that should take you to eBay, where you can then search for anything you want. as long as the green live.com logo is present on the eBay page, you can buy an item as a BIN provided the seller takes PayPal, and get cash back to your own PayPal account. you need to have a live.com account, but if you already use hotmail, then you're good. there are other terms & conditions you can find elsewhere in this thread, but that's the cliffs notes version (thumbs u

and it has to be a U.S. seller....does not work for sellers outside the U.S.

P.S. Has anyone actually gotten their "cash back" after the 60 days? I've read that some have gotten instant transfers to their paypal accnts...was curious if anyone had actually received it after the 60 day wait period...

I have almost 700 cashback coming my way... :banana:

I might have to get another grail hm

Damn! That is sweet. Why do I keep thinking there is a $200 limit? Is that just for a certain period of time? I know, the answer is probably in this thread somewhere, but give the Cliff Notes puleaze :)

$200.00 limit per transaction :)

I have a few transactions :grin:

doh! imma dork. thx!

and it has to be a U.S. seller....does not work for sellers outside the U.S.

P.S. Has anyone actually gotten their "cash back" after the 60 days? I've read that some have gotten instant transfers to their paypal accnts...was curious if anyone had actually received it after the 60 day wait period...

Yes. Got my cashback after 60 days. No problem at all. Took probably 2-3 days after I clicked "send me my cash" or whatever for it to show up.

Question..... would the cash back apply to a set BIN..meaning say a 5 book set in one BIN listing? or do they have to be "seperate" purchases?

So the auction would be something like 5 (items) x $10 (BIN) = $50? If so, I'm not sure, but I think it might work. Click BIN and see what comes up on the next page (review). You can still change your mind at that point and cancel the order.

True..after rethinking it..It shouldn't be a problem... I confused myself with an earlier question from someone about it...they questioned buying several BIN from the same seller, how that would apply to the cashback....but this would just be 5 books listed as a single BIN, so it shouldnt be a problem.....Think one runs into problems when they purchase "several" BIN's from one seller and they get one invoice...

the cashback would be applied to the first BIN and only that one unless they started a unique live session for each item they purchased from that individual. how the buyer elects to invoice won't have any bearing on the cashback process (thumbs u

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I just discovered it today.

Thought I would post the info if it helps anybody.

I just did a MSN search using Firefox. Cash back was only 25%.

Did the exact same search using IE. Cash back was at 30%.

It appears big brother (Microsoft) is indeed watching. :)

That would be clever, but my Firefox gives me 30%

Just went back and checked. Very strange. First time with Firefox I only got 25% to show up. Now getting 30%. Thought I was on to something, but I guess it just does what it feels like at the moment.

Just went back and checked. Very strange. First time with Firefox I only got 25% to show up. Now getting 30%. Thought I was on to something, but I guess it just does what it feels like at the moment.

Been using FF since the outset and the % has wavered between 25% and 30%. Although, it would be easy enough to serve up a different % per browser type if that's what you were wondering ;)