• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kev the Mev SS books - San Diego books back, most for eBay

58 posts in this topic

Lots of great books sold this weekend, but I've relisted a few of the ones that didn't along with a batch of new items -- the last of the Walking Deads (including the much inquired 50 9.8 variant signed by Ottley, Larsen and Kirkman) , a Cosmic Odyssey set, another X-Men 1 (a 9.6 this time), a 9.8 JSA 10 Variant, a Justice League 1 signed by Maguire Giffen and DeMatteis, and a few other misc. items.

16 auctions end tonight, plus tons of stuff in my eBay store on sale at 10-25% off. Sale ends at 11 Eastern time on Halloween. That's pretty much it for new items until the Baltimore and Columbus books come back in a couple of weeks.

Also, since the exchange rates have been changing dramatically = shipping costs are dropping accordingly to the US (all shipping costs to the USA are converted from Canadian price by eBay using the last established exchange rate). The more books you get, the more you save.

I am attending the National Nov 14-16 and I'm willing to bring purchases directly to people there by request = no shipping charges.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/kevthemev_W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A1Q257C39Q253A1QQ_dmdZ2QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ1QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_vcZ1

Thanks to everyone that bid over the last couple of weeks!

I have relisted some more of the unsold items in my eBay store, and (almost) everything in my store is on sale until Friday night (Halloween) at 11PM EDT.

The sale on the items I added today goes live at 3PM EDT.

Thanks to everyone that bid over the last couple of weeks!

I have relisted some more of the unsold items in my eBay store, and (almost) everything in my store is on sale until Friday night (Halloween) at 11PM EDT.

Sale ends tonight.

http://stores.ebay.com/Kevthemevs-Comics-and-Comic-Art_W0QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I was shocked to see kuta.guy buying the 9.8's,he is usually a 9.9 purist! :applause:

He's also a bit of a creep. He requested I hold the books for a week until the other auctions ended, and then asked that the packages be sent by the cheaper surface parcel rate, which I did, which can take up to two months to ship from Canada to Australia.

Even though I provided the ship date and tracking number (which indicates that they are on a boat right now somewhere between British Columbia and Australia) he decided to slap a Paypal dispute on me today and put the funds on hold in my account.

Now I'm certain the books will arrive, and I have the tracking number to keep an eye on it as proof of services rendered. It's just a bloody pain in the behind and, in my opinion, a pretty distasteful way of doing business.

I was shocked to see kuta.guy buying the 9.8's,he is usually a 9.9 purist! :applause:

He's also a bit of a creep. He requested I hold the books for a week until the other auctions ended, and then asked that the packages be sent by the cheaper surface parcel rate, which I did, which can take up to two months to ship from Canada to Australia.

Even though I provided the ship date and tracking number (which indicates that they are on a boat right now somewhere between British Columbia and Australia) he decided to slap a Paypal dispute on me today and put the funds on hold in my account.

Now I'm certain the books will arrive, and I have the tracking number to keep an eye on it as proof of services rendered. It's just a bloody pain in the behind and, in my opinion, a pretty distasteful way of doing business.

I know how you feel...I had a guy pull a similar stunt with me on ebay. He wouldn't contact me and then only 2-1/2 days after he had paid, he pulled the 'ol paypal dispute on me. Fortunately, I was slow that week getting the books sent off, so I hadn't sent them yet. To make a long story short, he still wouldn't contact me either through ebay messages or email, so I refunded his money and refused to send the books. It cost me a neg in ebay, but I feel like I did the right thing. Hopefully, the guy you're dealing with will do the right thing and put the money back when the books arrive.

By the way, the guy I had trouble with goes by ebay user "gareb". Just say no :)

Not to mention that gorgeous Superman Shuster Awards artwork! Wow, I could go broke between McFarlane's and Sim's contributions... :)

Joel

And that's just the first 22 --- I have 20 more pin-ups to list next week, plus we're hoping to get a few additional contributions this weekend at the one-day show. I've also got a Superman head sketch jam piece on the inside of the Superman 400 portfolio sleeve (a contribution from collector Ang Sim) which so far has only four headshots on it, but I'll be getting more added to it this weekend as well.

Nothing as expensive as the Sim or the McFarlane though.