• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars/Bendis

16 posts in this topic

NRAMA: As the name of a project, Secret War comes with a lot of baggage. But it’s just a name, right? Nothing more – no Beyonder?

BB: Yeah, lets bring back the jerry curl, white jump suit, muther [!@#%^&^] in all his eighties glory. No, I am proud to say that this is not that. Not to [!@#%^&^] on others work, but Secret Wars 2 was person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed chill bad.

This is an entirely different genre, that's how far from the Beyonder this is, but I like the idea that the words 'secret war' conjure; the mystery.

HATERmad.gif

The fully painted aspect of the mini-series should be great, and I'm going to trust that Bendis can come up with a quality (read: not cheesy) story. Still, the 'Secret War' name does indeed come with a lot of baggage....

just to get it off my chest....I liked Secret Wars II. I just read it two years ago and what can I say...The Beyonder chopping up styrofoam in his cuisine art while flying his Lambourghini through Manhattan...Genius!

27_laughing.gif.

"Hi everyone, My name is HeroDreamer, and I... I liked Secret Wars II."