• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anybody else NOT recieved they're Stan book?

37 posts in this topic

I just recieved a sweet ASM 50 7.0 signed by Stan. After getting Romita on it I think I'll be keeping it :/
Whoever owns that book must be the most well endowed, charismatic comic collector on the planet. :whistle:
I heard he's a punk and his only friends are Eskimo dogs :D

I just recieved a sweet ASM 50 7.0 signed by Stan. After getting Romita on it I think I'll be keeping it :/
Whoever owns that book must be the most well endowed, charismatic comic collector on the planet. :whistle:
I heard he's a rock star and his only friends are Eskimo dogs :D
Well I do own two husky's. hm

Well I am husky. hm
:D

Well I am husky. hm
:D
:censored:

Hey Top,

This is Sharon.

I will make sure Chandler sends it out on this Monday as soon as he gets back from China.

We got it right before Baltimore/New York/Mid-Ohio and he should have sent it out on the one day he was home before heading to China. If I had know, I would have made sure it got in the mail. We apologize.

After going through my records and not to be disrespectfully, I believe you sent us the book in late May/early June for the Frank & Son signing June 21th, not in March. . Your Paypal payment was made on 5/26/08.

My records show we entered the book on 06/20/2008 10:17:47 AM, so the book probably arrived sometime in June. We took it to LA as planned on the 06/21/2008 for Stan to sign it at the Frank & Sons signing and invoiced you on 7/4/08. Since we went to Chicago Wizard World right afterwards we submitted it at Chicago and CGC shipped it home from that show. CGC's inovice records showed they received it on 7/2/08 and it was ready to be shipped on 9/16/08 (economy) which would have it arriving in Chandler's office right before we left for Baltimore. Again we apologize for not getting it sent out as soon as it came in.

Sharon Rice

Hey Top,

This is Sharon.

I will make sure Chandler sends it out on this Monday as soon as he gets back from China.

We got it right before Baltimore/New York/Mid-Ohio and he should have sent it out on the one day he was home before heading to China. If I had know, I would have made sure it got in the mail. We apologize.

After going through my records and not to be disrespectfully, I believe you sent us the book in late May/early June for the Frank & Son signing June 21th, not in March. . Your Paypal payment was made on 5/26/08.

My records show we entered the book on 06/20/2008 10:17:47 AM, so the book probably arrived sometime in June. We took it to LA as planned on the 06/21/2008 for Stan to sign it at the Frank & Sons signing and invoiced you on 7/4/08. Since we went to Chicago Wizard World right afterwards we submitted it at Chicago and CGC shipped it home from that show. CGC's inovice records showed they received it on 7/2/08 and it was ready to be shipped on 9/16/08 (economy) which would have it arriving in Chandler's office right before we left for Baltimore. Again we apologize for not getting it sent out as soon as it came in.

Sharon Rice

You are right my mistake on the dates with Paradise's Stan signing opportunity and yours.

It's been a 5+ month wait not a 7 month wait. My bad!

If the book was to be signed on 6/21/08 it is not even 4 months to the date of the signing. I hope you didn't check your mail box on 6/22. So how long have you really been Waiting, I would say realistically about a month. Shipping both ways takes time and we all know the CGC grading takes time. This is also convention season, lot of books submitted to CGC.

And yes He should have mailed it on the one day he was home. Or found someone who could. Fed EX makes pick-ups. It is not the customers fault his schedule was tight.

Just trying to see both sides.

If the book was to be signed on 6/21/08 it is not even 4 months to the date of the signing. I hope you didn't check your mail box on 6/22. So how long have you really been Waiting, I would say realistically about a month. Shipping both ways takes time and we all know the CGC grading takes time. This is also convention season, lot of books submitted to CGC.

And yes He should have mailed it on the one day he was home. Or found someone who could. Fed EX makes pick-ups. It is not the customers fault his schedule was tight.

Just trying to see both sides.

So what is your advice? Just sit and wait till I hear from them? Like I said I pmed a couple weeks ago and I was told "the books should be on the way too you" and now two weeks+ later the book is now "still sitting in an office" now if you can't see why this is kinda getting to me then you are truly dense.

As I said the book should have been mailed.

What I am trying to say to you is relax. You have not been waiting 7 months you have not been waiting 5 months. The books was signed less than 4 months ago. Things do take time.

They should not have told you the book was on its way unless it was.

What should you have done? PM them again. To me the time does not justify going public.

Can I see why you are upset, Yes.

Let me tell you I have waited a LOT longer than seven months for a book.

As I said the book should have been mailed.

What I am trying to say to you is relax. You have not been waiting 7 months you have not been waiting 5 months. The books was signed less than 4 months ago. Things do take time.

I said it was my mistake with the dates but by their own admission the book should have been shipped and most likely would have been sitting in my box of keepers.

They should not have told you the book was on its way unless it was.
well at least you got something right.

What should you have done? PM them again. To me the time does not justify going public.
When it's your hard earned money then you can handle the situation the way that suites you best. My original post was a attempt at gathering info not soliciting advise on best practices and time it takes for a SS book to arrive.

Can I see why you are upset, Yes.
I'm not upset, I'm annoyed. Big difference

Let me tell you I have waited a LOT longer than seven months for a book.

So have I and I am not in any mood for a repeat performance.

OK NOW THAT I AM BACK FROM CHINA!!

The book will be shipped from my office on Monday, October 20th.

Now please allow me to recap this whole thing.

1. the book was received from customer by Desert Wind Comics around the third week of June. It was entered into our system on 6/20/2008.

2. the book got signed by Stan Lee on 6/21/2008. (Consider yourself lucky that it was one of the few books Stan signed on that day considering he got sick and left the signing early. Most of the books had to wait until the following weekend which was the same weekend as Wizard World Chicago, and those books did not get submitted to CGC until after 4th of July.)

3. the book got submitted to CGC during Wizard World Chicago on 6/28/2008.

4. the book was received by CGC in their office and entered into their system on 7/2/2008.

5. being that the book was an economy tier book. CGC states that the estimated grading time for an economy tier book can 40 business days (2 monthes). So based on the book arriving at CGC on 7/2/2008, the approximate date should have been around 9/2/2008.

6. the book was shipped from CGC on 9/16/2008.

7. Now comes the human element, being that we have handled in excess of 2,000 books for clients this year, Unfortunately I can not remember the exact details of every book or transaction. But after reviewing my notes on this book, this is what I have come to conclude. Customer sent a PM to us on 9/18/2008 asking update. I looked up his invoice number and saw according to the CGC site that the book shipped on 9/16/2008. BUT what I did not remember at that moment was the fact that I was previously informed by CGC that they could only ship the book to the customer via FedEx Overnight Express Delivery. Using that method of shipping would have cost a minimum of $60.00 or more. So I informed CGC to ship the book to my office with my normal shipment and that I would find a way to ship the book to the customer using a less costly manner of shipping.

So when I PMed the customer back on 9/19/2008 and told him "I believe it should be on its way back to you now", I did not realize that it was his book coming to my office first. So from that respect, I made a simple mistake of not having all of the details in front of me when answering his question.

So the facts are this. This book as of today has been in the possession of Desert Wind Comics/CGC for approximately 85 business days. So less then 3 months.

Now for those of you who wonder why I did not ship the book out the day I was in my office between getting back from an 11 day east coast comic con trip (which we had to unpack close to 300 books that still need additional signatures) and leaving for China. The answer is simple, I did not have time.

Lawrance, if you feel you were treated unfairly or were mislead in any way, then my appoligises to you. But with the acception of your book sitting on my desk since September 25th. And I have been in my office for 1 day since that date. The time to get the book signed by Stan Lee, graded by CGC and shipped out of CGC is very much within the normal expectations. So with that said, I do not feel this matter requires any further discussion or comments.

Chandler of the Chandler & Sharon Rice team

Desert Wind Comics