• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 Southern California Forum Dinner

86 posts in this topic

I've spoken with a few forum members about gathering for a pre-holiday, end of the year forum dinner. So, let's give it a try.

WHO: You

WHAT: Dinner

WHERE: hm

This, and the date, will be tough. We have members from Ventura down to San Diego and east to Riverside. I believe most are in the L.A. area. So, I'll try to find a location in Southern L.A. County to accommodate most. It will be a hellish trek, but worth it. If the crowd is more L.A. centric, I'll move the location northward.

WHEN: week before Thanksgiving

I'm leaning toward Friday, Nov. 21 or Sat. Nov. 22. Tuesday, Nov. 17 may also be good. Speak now with your preferences.

HOW: :insane:

Show up and bring some of your favorite acquisitions for this year. I'll be cracking my Showcase 4 for all of you. Does anyone have a convention wall stand we can use to show off? Anyone have a video projector I can use?

WHY: cause December is gonna be crazy

Speak up. Who's in and when is good for you? Also, let me know your general location.

I can definitely do it on the 21st. I have plans on the 22nd already. Any date earlier than the 21st should be ok too. I'll drive up from SD, no problem. I guess I could bring a few things, if I haven't sold them by then. :)

Anyone got any places they CAN'T eat at? Maybe that'll help narrow down the possibilities. I'd recommend somewhere close to a freeway, for easy access for everyone. Besides that, though, it's LA, so anything is possible.

Joel

When will you get here? The week of Thanksgiving is not gonna be good for me.

The Wednesday before is taken, so it would have to be Monday or Tuesday. But don't shift the dinner for just me if the dates don't work.I'd have to coordinate with my wife's work schedule.