• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you hate it when...

22 posts in this topic

...you join a mulit-paged thread only to find out days later you were the last to post? Did my presence kill the momentum? Does everyone hate me? nah. just bad timing :grin:

Also don't you hate it when someone doesn't complete the entire question on the subject line forcing you to click to see what they were asking? I wish there would be a little pop-up by the subject that let's you read into more of the body of the post.

Anyway, post #600!!!!!

Don't you Hate it when your Director orders you to do a certain, job with your surpervisor in the room. It doesn''t sound right so you talk to another supervisor who says it OK. then you find out another upper manager knows what you are ordered to do. You do the work as ordered. Only to get in trouble and blamed for the work done. You explain that you were ordered to do it give names of all the management who knew and you asked about the task. The management gets questioned back up the fact you were following orders. Only for the company to say you are an at will employee and still fire you while all the management team gets absolutely no punishment.

Sorry had to vent

I really hope this doesnt mean you got fired..

Yep last Monday. Looking for a job now. I was with them for 7 years. Top reviews every year including a couple months ago, superior performance awards, and a manager's choice award nominee.

Sorry to hear this. Sounds to me like you were set up to fall. It is a shame company loyalty has decined to... Well no loyalty.

I was in my families business for 17 years, which is now going to fold. I havent worked steady since last spring (I think).

So being another guy looking for a job, im sorry to hear this and wish you the best. It stinks starting over.

Good Luck (thumbs u

Thanks, But because I worked for a public entity they decided to use me as a scape goat and then proceeded to have the local paper pick up the story with their twisted view leaving out the facts.

Thanks, But because I worked for a public entity they decided to use me as a scape goat and then proceeded to have the local paper pick up the story with their twisted view leaving out the facts.

:o

Thats horrible man.. When all else fails throw someone under the bus. America has become twisted as :censored:

Did you screw up the assigned task?

Jim

Jim

No I fact I did it correctly, as asked that was the problem.

What's an "at will" employee?

And I agree, it does suck for getting fired for doing a job that was asked of you...

Jim

An at-will employee is an employee that can be fired at anytime with or without cause as distinguished from a contracted employee who can only be fired for cause and can recover damages on the contract if they are fired without cause.

I is a law student.

Jim

federal or local entity?

Jim

federal or local entity?

I can't say anymore everything is still pending.

Jim

federal or local entity?

I can't say anymore everything is still pending.

Understood.