• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Northland X-Men

75 posts in this topic

Where is a pic of the #10 :sumo::pullhair:

Jim

I forgot to scan it last nite.

:foryou:

:jokealert:

Furthermore, I don't post books on the boards anymore, unless it is in a PM.

Why is that?

+1

Really.

It's just a photo for everyone to enjoy.

If some yahoo tries to add it to his set for some crazy reason, you still have the actual book, so I don't see the problem.

I will always post photos of my books. I like sharing with everybody. :)

Furthermore, I don't post books on the boards anymore, unless it is in a PM.

Why is that?

+1

+2

I'm sure Doc has a good reason. I keep checking in to see has has posted it yet.

I have run every scenario through my head that I can think of, but can't come up with a reason I would not want someone to have access to pictures of my books.

Drumming fingers....

Doc. You out there?

Scans of the book are available already here on the boards, as it was one of the items auctioned off in the benefit for Nik's family.

I can understand that the event surrounding the acquisition of the book could make Jim unwilling to post it, since in so doing it might come off inappropriately as something of a conquest.

well that explains the latest purchase, but not the entirety of his statement.

i think it's fun to speculate. seems that there are two obvious reasons, either or both of which could be applicable here;

privacy;

or

fear of retribution/scams/etc from online 'enemies'

I can understand that the event surrounding the acquisition of the book could make Jim unwilling to post it, since in so doing it might come off inappropriately as something of a conquest.

The thought process behind a comment such as this amazes me. Please govern yourself accordingly, Bob.

Sorry, Jim, but you've completely lost me. (shrug) I'm backing you up that the circumstances surrounding this book make you feel like not posting it. It's not like the book was a pickup/conquest through standard routes of auction win or outright purchase. Haven't a clue what else you think my "thought process" might be or why you'd think it.

Read to me as though Bob was talking about how others might perceive a posting of the book you bought in the auction Jim, not how you actually felt about it, since i think anyone here knows it's the exact and complete opposite

Read to me as though Bob was talking about how others might perceive a posting of the book you bought in the auction Jim, not how you actually felt about it, since i think anyone here knows it's the exact and complete opposite

That was how I took it too...but I think Jim was talking about posting any more books from his collection and not that particular book.

R.