• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 3 Neal Adams Books?

37 posts in this topic

I don't think Batman #251 should even be in the discussion for this, or Batman #227. Batman #244 is such a classic issue, inside and out. And I think Adams Marvel work is tremendously under-rated. Certainly a Green Lantern book could be included as could many of the House of Mysteries or Detectives. I would pick...

Batman #244

Green Lantern #79

Avengers #93

And also have a personal fondness for Batman #234 as it was one of the books I remember from my childhood. Such a great book.

I don't know how you could ever narrow it down to just 3 books.. If you are just talking about covers, you have to include DC 100 Page #6, #12 and Superman #317 which I think is one of the absolute best covers of all time....And I love many of the Superboy covers.

317.JPG

You can decide for yourself.Here is a great link to Neals cover gallery on his website...

http://nealadams.com/comicchecklist.html

There are so many but here are my 3: Not because of the covers, but as complete bodies of work:

GL #76 - (Cliche I know, but this book cannot and will not be denied. It speaks for itself as a comic master-work.)

Avengers #93 - Giant-size issue, Kree Skrull war. This arc still impacts the Marvel U to this day.

Batman #232 - Masterpiece of a cover, classic Dark Knight detective story, intro of the villain chosen to reboot the movie franchise

Neal Adam's work is what I remember most from the comics of my childhood.

In board member's opinion, what are the three most memorable

Batman 234, Phantom Stranger 18, and Witching Hour 14, for me

, important,

Green Lantern 76, Batman 232, and Strange Adventures 206.

or key comics that Neal Adams did?

Batman 232, Green Lantern 76, and Avengers 93

Books where Adams drew both the cover and interiors...

- BATMAN 251

- AVENGERS 93

- X-MEN 58

BATMAN 251 is my favourite Adams DC book, where he inks as well as pencils the artwork, and I prefer this to the other earlier Giordano-inked issues.

X-MEN 58 was responsible for turning me not only into a lifelong Adams fan but also started me on the road to becoming a comic book collector proper, rather than just an occasional or casual reader. The first book where I was totally blown away by the artist, where the name on the splash page stuck in my head and I actively looked out for more of their work. Certainly, given this context, a comic book couldn't possibly be any more significant to me.