• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 3 Neal Adams Books?

37 posts in this topic

I'm going to discount the Adams covers-only and focus on the old-school idea that it was Neal's cinematographic storytelling as well as his photo-realistic rendering that made his work so special.

So, I'll go with

1) Brave & Bold 79 (Adams' signature character Deadman and his first chance to really illustrate Batman his own way)

2) Green Lantern 76 (naturally)

3) Batman 251 (Sets the stage for all subsequent depictions of the Joker)

I'm going to discount the Adams covers-only and focus on the old-school idea that it was Neal's cinematographic storytelling as well as his photo-realistic rendering that made his work so special.

So, I'll go with

1) Brave & Bold 79 (Adams' signature character Deadman and his first chance to really illustrate Batman his own way)

2) Green Lantern 76 (naturally)

3) Batman 251 (Sets the stage for all subsequent depictions of the Joker)

I like those choices a lot. The one I'd add, which probably no one but me would put on the list, is House of Mystery 186. It contains my favorite Adams story of all time.

Neal Adam's work is what I remember most from the comics of my childhood.

In board member's opinion, what are the three most memorable, important, or key comics that Neal Adams did?

How can one break down the master to only 3 covers?Some of my favorites are batman 227,Tomahawk 116,GL 76 in no order.I could add another 20.

Dennis

PS what a cool thread

based on what? personal favorites?

Detective 400

Strange Adventures 207

Superman 240

I really enjoy your postings of your collection.Simply outstanding.Thanks for sharing.

Dennis

Happy to share, no reason to hide them.