• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Will Never Understand Neat Stuff Collectibles

32 posts in this topic

it's also good with the $.35 listing stuff now.

I agree. We are going to see a lot more of this type of stuff, with eBay just part of someone's ad budget. Don't be surprised when eBay makes a policy like ComicLink and cuts out messaging between accounts and bans phone numbers from listings!

yeah, I am surprised that he gets away with this so blatantly.

"Except that the ad makes it clear it is from ONE dealer's inventory."

oh yeah, cuz if an ad sez so. it must be true!

4 million sure is a heck of a lot of comics though. where the heck do you keep all of that in the tri-state area? criminey, storing it must cost thousands.

"Except that the ad makes it clear it is from ONE dealer's inventory."

oh yeah, cuz if an ad sez so. it must be true!

4 million sure is a heck of a lot of comics though. where the heck do you keep all of that in the tri-state area? criminey, storing it must cost thousands.

That's what I'm saying!!! :gossip:

they also had a 4,000,000 comic lot

Whose bankruptcy sale was that?

mike has been running the local shows in NYC for close to 15 years.

figure one small-time dealer can't pay for his tables at each show and winds up leaving his krap there before someone removes a kidney to pay for the tables (although, honestly, some of mike's security hasn't aged all that well over the years)

10,000 comics a pop? (o.k. -- I'm stretching that #)

4-5 shows a year, so like 50,000 a year X 15 years...well, that gets us up to 750,000

the # of comic shops in NYC is down about 80% from the early 90's. so, let's say 50 have closed. mike is the local guy, he probably snags the krapola. each shop has an everage 50,000 comics sitting in their basement (5,000 of which are X-Men 1 Jim Lee cover variants)

that's 2.5 million comics...

criminey, this is exhausting.... and mike had a spare 750,000 copies of Turok 1

so now we have 4 million!

This is the first time I have I have ever seen the word criminey in a sentence. I had to look it up in the urban dictionary. I have gotten old (:

... next to my original copy of the decleration of independence.

Uh, yours may not be the original... :roflmao:

Rick

Its real, i got it from a guy on Canal Street. Everything is real on Canal street. :insane:

yeah, but some of the more manageable lots that he does sell, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120307488907

and another one i see in his feedback are not such bad deals if you're looking for this kind of stuff. basically this is show stock for a long time if you want to do local shows or whatever. it doesn't appeal to most of us here because a lot of us already have a bunch of this stuff cluttering up our lives.

I wonder if that's mike's childhood copy of AF 15 that he autographed?

Rick

Its real, i got it from a guy on Canal Street. Everything is real on Canal street. :insane:

Pick me up a Tag Heur at lunch - wouldja? :insane:

Rick

Pick me up a Tag Heur at lunch - wouldja? :insane:

They got Roladex, i mean Rolex too. :grin:

Pick me up a Tag Heur at lunch - wouldja?

I once owned a Tag. a real one. At some point they came out with an inexpensive line and someone gave it to me as a high school graduation gift. A couple of years later, after it had taken lots of beatings with me working in construction during the summers, I took it off, forgot and left it at my cousin's house and never saw the darn thing again.